anyone near Plano w/ 360 experience can checkout a car for me? | FerrariChat

anyone near Plano w/ 360 experience can checkout a car for me?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by bmw tuning, Feb 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bmw tuning

bmw tuning Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    Donny
    Hey fellow F chatters, i am currently 360 shopping and found a car in Plano that i am very interested in moving on. I live in Oregon so I was hoping someone that has owned and driven 360s could take a look at the car and take it for a test drive and let me know if it is something that i should pursue or keep looking. Im not looking for a ppi here but someone that is fairly anal about cars will do! lol Mainly looking for a real unbiased description of the paint and interior and a good test drive to check for clutch engagement and any issues that may show themselves. Tire and brake condition etc. If you know a little something about these cars and wouldnt mind helping me out please PM and we can discuss. Thanx from the NW!

2. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Send me an e-mail about the specifics and i will see if I can help you out
    [email protected]

3. bospike

bospike Karting

Nov 22, 2010
    tell me where I can also take a look for you

4. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    PM me. I live in Plano, check. I've driven a 360 for over 60k miles and 10 years, check. Anal, check (you could verify that with James at Nordwood or Hans at RAC.) The seller is going to let someone who is not the buyer test drive for them? I personally would not do that but if you can negotiate it, then I can check the car out. I most likely know the seller!

5. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    If the car you are looking at is the silver 360 at European Motors, then send me a PM. I have looked at that car and passed on it for very good reasons.

6. bmw tuning

bmw tuning Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    Donny
    Yes Ken that is the car... whats up w/ it? Thanks for all the replys but from the sounds of the above i guess the car might not be worth pursuing...

7. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Donny, the car looks decent, but it is a poster child for mechanical neglect and too many owners (I think I counted 6 from the Carfax report). The dealer has some limited service records that go back only a couple of years which show a variety of improper maintenance...like hydraulic and oil lines that have been switched, electrical problems, way overdue for a major service, etc... I have looked at several 360s and this one was in the worst condition of all of them. I think you could spend $15-$20k trying to get this car sorted. IMHO, I would not even waste the money on a PPI. Good luck.

8. bmw tuning

bmw tuning Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    Donny
    they say it just had full major this year at boardwalk, belts, fluids, etc. is there a chance they have done it since you saw it? can you elaborate on the improper maint. like the lines? were they just replaced or what makes that improper? electrical problems etc. Not that im not taking your word for it just curious exactly what went on or what it would need. i saw the multiple owners but to be honest i see that w/ most of these cars.. thanx

9. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    Call Steve Fordham at Boardwalk. If they just did the major, then he will know what's up with the car. There is an owner for every car. If you can get it for the right price, you can drive the heck out of it and enjoy..

10. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    I agree with Racerette. Try giving Steve Fordham a call at Boardwalk. He is familiar with the car. I waas just relaying what I uncovered when I went to look at the car.