Carzstuff - wtf? | FerrariChat

Carzstuff - wtf?

Discussion in '348/355' started by ketel, Aug 11, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    Sorry to vent but I'm appalled by the poor service/lack of service from Carzstuff for the aluminum 355 door sill inserts I ordered 2 months ago to complement my CF sills. I got a confirm and receipt from PayPal and then nothing. I've sent a dozen emails and left a dozen voicemails with no reply. I'm out the $125, but it's not even the money as much as it is feeling totally disregarded.

I've read other people on this board having similar issues with this company -- lack of response, interminable delays, etc. Any advice before I mentally write off the 125 clams and place another order with another company?

ketel

2. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    I dealt with Carztuff on a few occasions and it went very well and the sills are great (still in my car)...however I've heard a few similar complaints from Fchatters.

I don't think the guy is fraudulent...from what I can witness, he needs a few orders to come in and then he makes the sills hence the long delays. (Doesn't make it right but that's why I think the delays are long)

3. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I had the same exact issue. They aren't fraudulent, just incredibly slow and non responsive. Product needs a little tweaking when you get it so it fits correctly in the carbon sills. It's jusy slightly too long.

4. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

Then why order and deal with them?

5. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    The sills are very nice and the price is cheap!!

6. 0.0.1.99

0.0.1.99 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2012
    Carolinas
    Full Name:
    Ken
    The committed delivery date changed after I placed my order. Prior to my order, I was quoted weeks to delivery and as soon as my CC was charged, the due date turned into months.

Once the sills arrived, there was a very noticeable line through the logo which was difficult to remove.

Jamie offered a partial refund (whixh I accepted) in exchange for correcting the sills myself. The refund never arrived despite repeated emails.

It is probably better for the community if we could locate an authorized outlet for this item.

See below for the pictures of the delivered product including attempts to correct with SS cleaner and alcohol.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Can't you get a refund from PayPal if the product isn't delivered?

I am waiting for shipment from an watch vendor and I thought the package was lost, so I contacted PayPal. They said if the seller cannot provide proof of delivery then PayPal will refund in full within 7-10 days.

8. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    I get it. I have experience with businesses that need to bundle orders to maintain their margins. Hey, it's business. What I object to is just going dark on customers. C'mon. How hard is it to just give people a heads up?

ketel

9. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    Call me gullible but I was once a small business owner and I want to support the cottage industry guys out there trying to fill a need.

ketel

10. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Very true, I deal with people every single day that just completely ignore your emails/messages, etc.... it's really frustrating! People have absolutely no manners.

11. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    I hate doing this as I want to support small business and those in the Fcar community, but my patience is at an end with Jamie and Carztuff.

I bought sills from him ALMOST A YEAR AGO. Got a bunch of emails then about "going out in the next 15 days" and then nothing. No phone number. Nada. Zip.

I sent 20 emails over the next 9 months. Given I was no longer within the 30 day window, I could not get a refund via PayPal any longer. I was out the 150 clams. Whatever. You live and learn.

Then I remark on this board about this horrendous behavior and hear similar stories about delays getting sills from Jamie but....eventually they'd arrive. So, I was hopeful that maybe, after all this, my door sills might miraculously appear.

Amazingly, Jamie surfaces because he saw the thread and I get a PM. He doesn't know who I am. He asks for a copy of the receipt. Which I immediately email him. I get back a " oh, right, I remember now. I'll get on this but I have a trip to Disneyworld first and will get on it when I am back -- probably mid-February."

It's now mid March. I've sent another dozen emails and PMs. Nothing. Dead air. This is total BS and I am out the money, but more importantly, it's despicable conduct and I hope this note will either flush him out of hiding to address this and send me my sills or keep others from this experience.

Rant over.

ketel

12. Extreme

Extreme F1 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Northern Utah
    Full Name:
    Erick
    You're not the first to get shafted by him.
    How do guys like this stay in business?

13. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for outing him.

I feel bad for you on this, hopefully he will come to his senses and do what's right.

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
  15. boaties

boaties Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    Edmond oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Shawn romberg
    I ordered a set from him on eBay under some user name blackbird or something like that, they didn't show up after a month of waiting I got my refund. I think it's the same guy from Canada, I didn't know about his website I just found him on eBay. Too bad I was really looking forward to getting my sills

16. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    +1000

17. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #17 Schatten, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thought I'd give this thread a bump. I bought some and they came in a while back, just now having time to take a shot of them matched up with Carbonio door sills. I'll take pictures when I get around to installing them over the holiday weekend coming up.

I didn't wait many months like some of you, but the sills came out great and were worth the wait over the stock rubber inserts that roll up with age and environmental fluctuations.