How did you pick a color? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How did you pick a color?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by speedsport, Jun 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
  2. 458dreamer

458dreamer Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    Red was a no brainer for my ferrari. But I had a serious dilemma between red/yellow for my porsche. I finally went with red on the porsche too. I am always seriously tempted by yellow though. My next porsche has a high likelihood of being yellow. Any thing other than red/yellow/orange is not my cup of tea for a sports car.

All the other colors option list I have reserved for my 2027 Bentley.

3. Lucky Larry

Lucky Larry Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Looked at cars I could find in red, and may pictures in red, but I was looking at Mugello because I had two Rosso Corsa 360's and a Corsa 458. After enough checking cars and pictures I went for Rosso Fiorano on my 2nd 458 coupe with Cuio interior. Turned out, at least in my opinion, to be a stunning combination. Being a Ferrari Historical color though the price was stunning as well, but I didn't know how much until after the fact, so if you pick an Historical color be aware it "ain't" cheap.

4. Lucky Larry

Lucky Larry Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    PS. that way "many" not "may". I should have proof read closer.

5. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Historical paint for a 458 Speciale $12,486 USD

6. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    If you notice a typo you have about 60 minutes from the time you posted to click the "edit" button and makes whatever corrections you want.

7. speedsport

speedsport Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Very nice!

I used the on-line configuator to visualize a few different interior color combos. I'm liking the nero interior with a touch of red alcantara / leather in a few spots. Racing seats. White stitching.

8. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I bought pre-owned. I could find 4 spiders at dealers on the internet. A white/black on the east coast, a white/black in Seattle, a Rosso Dino in Beverly Hills and my Rosso Corsa/beige in Scottsdale.

Did not want black seats as my two previous Fcars had black seats and I wanted beige or tan. Orange cars are not for me. All were asking $390k so it was an easy decision. FoS gave me a great deal and were fantastic to work with.

I would do it again.

Best

9. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    I love Ferraris in red, white, and yellow. My particular 458 is done in yellow, now called Giallo Modena, but it is also often referred to as "Fly Yellow" by old time Ferraristas. It turns out that it has nothing to do with flies, being named after the FLY studio in Modena, which was established by one Giacomo Caliri Giacomo Caliri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia My guess is that the association with flies was not a good one, so we have Giallo Modena. The good news is that the color of the flag of Modena is blue and yellow so we can forget about flies. Modena (Emilia-Romagna, Italy)