1997 F355 Aerial connection question.... | FerrariChat

1997 F355 Aerial connection question....

Discussion in '348/355' started by 275GTB, Jul 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    #1 275GTB, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi, my 1997 F355 has a standard aerial connection behind the dash with the coax wire leading to this little box.

The box looks like it has no further connections other than what you see in the pictures. Is my car missing some other component for the aerial?

What does the little box do, how does the aerial work in a 355?

thanks
    Mark
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I connects to the windshield in the right bottom corner. The other end to the stereo. Its hard to see the connection to the windshield since you have the dash in place and the wire is covered by a wide black tape or gluish thing on the firewall.

3. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    great thanks!

4. Carlh94

Carlh94 Rookie

Sep 5, 2013
    St. Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Carl Harris
    I'm having my Windshield replaced my '99 355 Spider on Friday next, (July 25) and I wonder if anyone out there has any tips for connecting the Windshield aerial plug?
    When the old windshield is taken out, is the plug connector readily accessible, or do I need to remove any panels/parts?
    I seem to recall a thread that referred to removing the passenger side (LHD Vehicle) Air vent. If this is necessary, is it a straight forward job?
    I've also heard that there is access by removing a panel in the front luggage compartment.
    Any help or guidance would be much appreciated

5. Carlh94

Carlh94 Rookie

Sep 5, 2013
    St. Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Carl Harris
    Well, the new Windshield is here and I have the installer coming tomorrow. Any input as per my query above would be greatly appreciated!

6. Terry

Terry Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Cheshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Terry
    #6 Terry, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No access from the front compartment.

You will see from the attached picture the visible wire going to the windscreen and the little black box.

As you see this is a right hand drive car but access will be similar.

I expect you need to remove the vent, disconnect the windscreen and pull the wire out with the windscreen. Feed the wire back through the gap before sitting the windscreen in place.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Carlh94

Carlh94 Rookie

Sep 5, 2013
    St. Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Carl Harris
    Thanks Terry,

This will be a big help. I will have the photo and your comments ready for the Technician tomorrow. I appreciate your response,
    Carl