BEWARE of AZ Dealer "JSC Motorcars". How NOT to buy a Ferrari | Page 5 | FerrariChat

BEWARE of AZ Dealer "JSC Motorcars". How NOT to buy a Ferrari

Discussion in '360/430' started by HKE46Boy, Nov 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Im pretty sure the post from BCB1 was from the selling dealer in AZ... but I could be wrong.

2. mike2016

mike2016 Rookie

Jun 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike Li
    Did I ever expect to get a mint condition scud?

I was quoting the review from BBB website, someone who had the same experience.

And the purpose of this thread is not whether I got the car for a steal, be it 138k or 100k, your friend I suppose, is a very dishonest seller. Or he seriously needs to be educated about how to describe the condition of a car.

He was given more than enough chance to make it up, but he had no intention to fix anything.

3. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    So Mike, did you buy this for personal use, keep for your self ? Or flip and make a profit ?
    While this has no bearing on the allegations of dishonest dealings and mis represented
    condition, for a moment let's set that to the side.

Being that you are a dealer yourself, did you misjudge what it would take to fix
    the car up for a flip and now see you would either lose money or break even and
    are soured on the deal ? If so, that is business bud, lose some win most, if you
    are any good at what you do.
    Kind of like those guys that buy houses to flip, Don't do your homework or take
    chances, you are bound to get stung sometime.
    Time to pull up the bootstraps, salvage what you can from the deal, learn
    from it and move on.

If you bought it for personal use, frankly it all still applies. You did not do
    do your homework, did not get what you thought, it happens. Move on.

4. mike2016

mike2016 Rookie

Jun 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike Li

I bought it for personal and business use, not for a flip.

in this case, i took my chances and I paid the price. one expensive lesson.

fellow Fchat members and future Fcar owners, don't follow my foot step.

I'll send the car to an independent Fcar workshop next week for inspection, if there are no major problems I'll restore it the best i can.

5. HighandDry

HighandDry Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2012
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I bought my turbo, GT3, Aston Martin, and Ferrari all unseen. I did have a PPI performed on all these cars.

All were perfect. Not saying that you shouldn't see a car unseen, but if you buy from a good dealer then I think your risk is minimal.

However, knowing that this car was a used exotic racing car, I would have walked.

6. eagleye49

eagleye49 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Maybe she only speaks Serbian and snores? I've learned my lesson to always see and drive a car personally before buying it.

7. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I did that and still got screwed by a dealer that sold me the car. Even after I found several issues that their "inspection" missed, they shipped me the car without fixing the stuff even though they promised to fix it all. It's almost impossible to avoid dishonesty by using good judgement and being careful. If they want to screw you they will. The important part is to go after them and not let them get away with it or else they will continue to do it to other people. I think I sent a message to my dealer that they wished they didn't try to pull the wool over my eyes......they finally (after a long battle even though they never disagreed with me at any point!) sent me a check to cover the costs of what they promised me. It was a totally unnecessary ordeal that made them look really bad in the end. I know of at least 3 sales that it cost them so far, and it definitely cost them any future sales from me.

8. mike2016

mike2016 Rookie

Jun 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike Li

Well said. I gave the seller a fair chance to fix it, and he did not have any intention, AND he is holding my 2nd key.

I'll make sure the words are spread around so he/they can screw less people.

9. Mark_M5

Mark_M5 Karting

Nov 14, 2006
    Ventura County, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What if the description said "Girl parts in mint condition: green and smelly" ?

10. F430Rod

F430Rod Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2007
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Hi Mike. I don't believe he has any right to hold your second key. You have the pink slip and own the car. I really don't know what's the best way to get it back. You may have to hire a lawyer. See what they can do. Be careful also about going back to the dealership in person. He might call the cops on you and say you are trespassing. Have a lawyer present.

I think we all agree that dealerships and people could be more honest or upfront and also respond in a courteous matter. Unfortunately it just doesn't happen.

By the way how did the inspection come out. It appears nothing major? If yes it doesn't sound like a bad deal. 138k is unheard of when you bought it. Scuds at 145 or 150 probably have their own stories also. Best of luck with it.

11. mike2016

mike2016 Rookie

Jun 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike Li

I have an appointment with Ferrari Beverly Hills on Monday 12/8 to drop off the car, they'll do full inspection of paint thickness, signs of accidents, frame damage....etc etc.

if the car does have major problems, i'll just have my lawyer take it from there.

as for the second key, I'll just deal with it later if the car is a keeper.

12. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    I guess I'm a poster child for the idiocy of buying based on the word of a salesman (my GTS saga is well documented on Rennlist). Just sold the car, lost $20k and chalked it up to experience. Currently looking for a new car and I wouldn't buy a Porsche if they offered me one for $10 (but I digress). Sorry to read about this, seems to be a pretty tough crowd, OP certainly didn't deserve to be dealt with this way. Unlikely to end well unfortunately, the car industry does this type of thing for a living.

13. mike2016

mike2016 Rookie

Jun 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike Li
    Tell me about it... being in the car industry for a long time I have never seen such shady business.

And about the car.... it's still at Ferrari BH, they inspected the car, I just didn't have much time to think about what to do with it yet.

they found a number of problems. I'll just list out the major ones but the list goes on...

- EVERY CORNER OF THIS CAR WAS HIT

- EVERY SINGLE NUT / BOLT / SCREW WAS WRONG, on the part that the previous people touched on this car

- Every single panel / body part was repainted, except the engine cover. everything showed different thickness that are thicker than original paint.

- Passenger side rear quarter panel was replaced

- Front bumper had repairs done to it

- Rear diffuser was repaired and painted to black (original piece is CF)

- Missing a module at the front near the radiator, i forgot what it was.

- nasty overspray everywhere when they repainted the calipers without even taking them off the car

- front trunk had signs of metal repairs, not sure what it was. there were heat spots on the trunk floor.

- rear diff was opened not sure due to what reason (they used orange silicone, Ferrari never use orange)

- rear end was hit and repaired, the bumper support is slightly bent

- the muffler bracket had only 1 bolt holding it, missing all others

- the header studs are stripped, on the cylinder head - YES THEY STRIPPED IT ON THE F#($*)@ head

What do you guys think? Should I go after the seller?
    I'm just waiting for the repair estimate and a statement from the body shop, to state that they found multiple evidence of accidents on this car. My lawyer said we can definitely file suit for breach of contract and fraud.

14. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    I'd say you have a case.

15. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    Sorry but you get what you paid for. To the seller, the price was adjusted accordingly and unfortunately, you took the bait. Sucks dude!! Best of luck and keep us updated!

16. hifipj

hifipj Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2009
    Sorry to say, but I'd never buy something so expensive sight unseen. I flew out to Scottsdale to see my 360 before I bought it, even after the great Andy Falbo did a PPI on it.

Probably also because for me, at the time, it represented a year of saving and working hard to get.

If an F-car only represents a few days' pay for you, and time is the most valuable commodity, then I could see having a PPI done - at a REPUTABLE shop - then saying a small prayer when it's loaded onto the carrier coming to you.

17. mike2016

mike2016 Rookie

Jun 21, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike Li

Lesson learned. I guess I underestimated how shady people can be nowadays.

I trusted the seller, he claimed he had PPI done by a "master F car tech" who now has his own shop, turned out to be a joke "PPI" that was done by some jerk mechanic who "used to work at Ferrari Scottsdale". and he said Ferrari Scottsdale is no longer doing PPI. a proper PPI would've reported at least half of those issues, yet none of them were mentioned.

18. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    File suit! Good luck man!
    Very sorry to read this!

My yellow scud had also several points i dislike and which wasn't mentioned by the dealer here in Germany.
    Not so heavy like your bad experience but also very dissapointing.

Greetings Christian

19. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The price paid does not come into it in this case in my opinion. If it was listed at $20, while common sense says it's probably a piece of crap, if the advert states it is excellent condition, especially in comparison with other similar cars, the price is irrelevant. The seller can chose to sell a car for whatever he wants it doesn't have to be the market value, but his description MUST be accurate and fair in the law. The statement 'you got what you paid for' only works if all the genuine faults are listed and a fair assessment of its condition is disclosed to justify the price. In this case, the dealer fabricated the description of the car, proffered a 'PPI' of sorts that was incomplete and inaccurate, and thereby defrauded a buyer of monies. Whether or not spending $20-30k on the car would make it worth the $160-170k of good condition scuds is irrelevant, the dealer did not make this clear in his assessment.

I must say that I find sometimes that when we post on FChat for advice, and sometimes a little 'arm around the shoulder' when things go wrong, there are always quite a few that seem to enjoy kicking us while we are down, surely that's not the point of the community.

20. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006

We're not kicking anyone down. There is a valuable lesson to be learned here and I'm sure the buyer has learned it..Never trust a seller's word no matter how good you feel about the person.. You have to protect yourself and your money.. Personally If I saw a scud priced that low, red flags would be triggered everywhere.... Do your due diligence.. No excuses period..

21. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There are quite a few very unsupportive comments in the thread, not everyone, but quite a few. the guy made a mistake in the purchase. But because of a false representation of the car condition. Period

22. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    I also had a ton of people criticize me for not seeing the car in person (very helpful and just what I needed - not) but as you say, we made a mistake, the seller committed fraud. Two very different things.

23. skywalkermd

skywalkermd Karting

Oct 30, 2013
    i bought a 360 1999 from them over a yr ago on ebay i got same crap ac condensor was bad and they merely filled coolant when they shipped it keep posting the company name on here periodically or anyone else who has used them they should be NOT USED for any purchase

24. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    We don't live in a perfect world.. Take this as a wake up call bro. I guess ppl feel if you're naive enough to get taken, you probably had it coming eventually.. You think this was the only shady business transaction that ever went down?? Come on. I was always taught to be cautious.. Not preaching, just my experience..

That being said, Do what u gotta do man.. Best of luck!

25. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Please go after this scumbag - These idiots need to be taught a hard lesson about being "Honest". It's the principle of selling - you don't screw over people .. and on top of that he has the audacity to say $hi! like "You expect the 2nd key" .. wow! This guy needs to be banned from FCHAT.