Lowered 328's... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lowered 328's...

Discussion in '308/328' started by SSNISTR, Aug 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skindiver

Skindiver Karting

Apr 22, 2004
    JHB SA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #26 Skindiver, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    HI Meister. They are 18" 3 piece 'Works' wheels. I'm not sure if "Works" is a brand or a model within a brand. If a brand, then I don't know the model.

17"s would have been better I think, but were not in stock ( as in discontinued ?) when I had the wheel "bee in my bonnet". I would never have changed my wheels if they were pre 89s. But the 89's wheels look like a 1960's prototype of how a futuristic year 2000 electric Ferrari's wheels might look. ( that sentence took me 5 minutes to compile :)
    They were blanks and the mag shop drilled the 108 PCD to suit.

Speedlines seem to have more rounded lines and angles.

Regards
    Greg

2. JohnnyTS

JohnnyTS Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2012
    Pretoria East, RSA
    Full Name:
    John
    oh yes Greg, I remember,,you mentioned they are 18's.

well they suit the car perfectly.

3. Skindiver

Skindiver Karting

Apr 22, 2004
    JHB SA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    thx for the compliments. I'm happy with it.

4. Renato

Renato Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2013
    New York
    Looks perfect!

5. Kent Dellenbusch

Kent Dellenbusch Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    Do you have photos?

miketuason likes this.
  6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Cirorsi and Kent Dellenbusch like this.
  7. Kent Dellenbusch

Kent Dellenbusch Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
  8. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Not a 308 or 328, but when I owned my previous 348 TS, the ride height was pretty much factory spec, and I still had to be careful going over some speed bumps, and up some sloped driveways, no big deal - I just had to be a bit cautious.

The next owner apparently decided to lower the car down, "for a better look". As I understand it, he has now damaged both front wings due to the tyres rubbing against the wheel arches as he drove up driveways, causing the arches to be pulled outwards and the paint to flake off :(

My current 328 GTS is factory stock height, and when I first got it, I had it delivered to my Mum's house, to park in her garage.

Her drive is down a slight slope, so the entrance has a bit of a peak, where the pavement section goes up, and the driveway section drops down.

I edged the car onto the driveway carefully, coming in at an angle, one wheel at a time, putting the driver's side wheel onto the drive first. I had @ 10mm of clearance between the peak of the ground and the floor of the car! :eek:

Had the car been any lower, then there would have been some expensive scraping going on!

Kent Dellenbusch likes this.