10th annual DFW Toy Run | Page 6 | FerrariChat

10th annual DFW Toy Run

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WDR328, Nov 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. akbarber

akbarber Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
  2. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Well congratulations to all that showed up and exercised their steeds. Counting the number of maps that were left over vs the number that were printed we had 109 cars on the run. Will H. did a physical count and he came up with 110, so we were very close. Actually I think there were a couple of more as some took off to the end place with out a map in each car.
    In any event it was a massive gathering!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all of you in this marvelous community.
    Carolyn and I stayed to the very last as they loaded up the truck. They bagged all the toys in 50 gal. trash bags and when they were done there was only 3 feet from the toy bags to the back of the truck. Lots and Lots of deserving kids will have something on Christmas day thanks to you guys. In addition we raised over $900.00 for the CCCAG.
    Again thanks to DMS for hosting us, Office Perks for the great coffee, Bob P. and the SSR group, Richard S. and the BMW group, Sheriff Terry Box and his fine staff but most of all thank all of you for your time and generosity. To all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

3. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    another great toy run in the books - thank you again Don and Carolyn! always a good time and of course, a great cause.

enjoyed seeing everyone, happy holidays to you all!

4. johnes71

johnes71 Rookie

Oct 3, 2006
    dallas, texas
    Full Name:
    john savickas
    Thanks Don and Carolyn for a really great event. You both should be really proud that all your hard work and efforts was met by such an enthusiastic response.

Attached is a video of some late arrivers who didn't make it in time to be counted, sliding and tumbling on their way to participate. I understand no toys were damaged while making this video.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152589482924952

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #131 jimpo1, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    that's what you get for launching early! ;)

7. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    thank you Don and carolyn for a great event.

jano

8. kemist

kemist Rookie

Dec 5, 2009
    Arlington, TX
    Full Name:
    Bob Pearce
    Don & Carolyn,
    Thanks for staging another great Toy Cruise! We enjoyed the whole event and were glad to be a part of the CCCAG toy drive. Happy Holidays!!!

9. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Here is the thank you letter from Jamie Stafford of the Collin CASA. I received it the day before Christmas and it took me a while to figure out how to take it from my e-mail to F-chat. Some stuff was lost in the translation, but all of the text is there.
    From the pictures I suspect there were a few more than 500 toys collected! Again thanks to all of you who made this event so successful.

Thank You DFW Toy Run!

Dear DFW Toy Run Team,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the DFW Toy Run. Because of your generous support, over 500 toys were collected for children in foster care.

You won't see the smiles on the faces of these children when they receive your gifts, but know that through your holiday spirit, you have made a significant difference in the life of a deserving child.

Thank you again for making the DFW Toy Run an overwhelming success!

With best wishes,
    null

CASA of Collin County

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Karting

Oct 23, 2009
    Dallas San Diego
    Awesome Don sorry I missed