paint touch / clear bra recommendations | FerrariChat

paint touch / clear bra recommendations

Discussion in 'Texas' started by daviddallas, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daviddallas

daviddallas Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    Paint ding touch up and clear bra installers recommendations plano north dallas area.

Sure I will need to have these done separately.

David

2. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Norm with Invisibra is highly recommended.

3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Happy to help.

We schedule both services on a weekly basis.

Touch up for entire car could run $150-$200max

PM me what parts you would like covered ( clear shield ) and I will shoot you an estimate.
    # You can do as much or as little as you'd like #

S

4. jtkeller

jtkeller Karting

Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    Another +1 for norm!

5. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

6. KYROCKS

KYROCKS Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2013
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Kyriacos
    Norm at Invisibra did my current car. Cannot even tell it is wrapped.

7. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    Houston at Stratashield. He is the subcontractor for Porsche of Plano, Boardwalk and Park Place. He can arrange the touch up as well. Go straight to him and pass all the middle men. He has done at least 6-7 cars for me.

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    David,

Do me a favor please, if you do chose to " pass all the middle men " ( meaning me, since you do drive a Ferrari you wouldn't be going to Porsche afterall..) post up what you end up paying for touch up and clearbra.

I am interested to see if you save money or if it's actually the same price you would have paid going through the Dealership. I assume there is some value in having the work performed where you have the rest of your repair and service done. One example would be if a warranty issue came up, you wouldn't have to handle it yourself, you can simply leave the car off with us and we will handle the logistics of it. Or having the car delivered back to you once the work is completed vs you having to get a ride from a family member back and forth.

If you want, PM me or post, exactly what you are wanting done on the clearbra and I will post before hand what I would charge for and apples to apples comparison.
    ( EX: Full front, half front, mirrors, rockers, etc )

I really am curious if you'll save money.

Cheers,

S

9. Speed Racerette

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    I would never post what I end up paying...there is no need...it is cheaper than what the dealer will charge. I don't need validation after all the years of having my cars wrapped. As far as warranty issues, never had an issue with them coming to wherever I am to take care of anything even a itty bitty bubble or edge trim. They have come to my house, picked up my car, delivered it, given me a ride, etc. Whatever the circumstance, they have taken care of it. I am high maintenance and not afraid to admit it. :). I prefer to work directly with the person doing the work. Plus, you get the pleasure of meeting Maximus.

10. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Great product!

11. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #11 SAFE4NOW, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    My reply was directed at David, hence the " David " at the beginning of my post.

The prices you personally are paying may not exactly be the same price a normal retail client would pay. So, with all due respect, for you to say that "it is cheaper than what the dealer will charge" isn't an accurate statement, when referring to a retail client.

You are well established in the automotive community. You have made established personal relationships with many ( and I mean MANY ) of the players in DFW. You can get pricing from some companies that's below cost. I know I have taken care of you several times in the past 18 months, where I went below cost to help out. I know your word of mouth is invaluable. But , at the same time, it's not fair to state something as fact when it's not.

Kinda like saying that Norwood or RAC are cheaper for "X-Repair" , I have many times just this month compared quotes and have found that I am within dollars of other estimates, times, even LESS expensive.

Maybe I should start another thread to address this misconception that the Dealership is always more expensive... I'm thinking I could prove otherwise.

Back on topic, you are correct that I rarely if ever have had a true warranty concern with Stratashield installations / products!

But Thank you for your reply anyways... << insert smiley face here >>

S

12. Speed Racerette

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    #12 Speed Racerette, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    The personal relationships I have established with service providers in the community is exactly that. Personal. That is seperate than my professional relationship with them. Which means I would never ask anyone to conduct work for less than what they are fairly entitled to be paid for by anyone. Find anyone who has ever had me ask them to lower their price on service work. All invoices look inline with what everyone pays for hourly labor and parts. James at Norwoods, Hans at a RAC, Stuarts ...they read these threads so they can speak otherwise if not true. I have paid them thousands of dollars for work performed. No pushback or asking for a deal. I am pretty sure someone coined the phrase "being a grape" after me when it comes to cars. They deserve every penny they charge. So, since you feel at liberty to start start discussing the business I have conducted with a Boardwalk in the past 18 months, or even 13 years (does anyone else feel like their HIPAA is being violated? Lol!) you will see everything besides an alignment or battery change was warranty work. If you are charging me less than cost for warranty work, then that is your choice. It is appreciated (although unbeknownst to me) however, not at the expense of keeping tally so you can get kudos for it publicly later on. If there is monies due to you, then let me know. I am happy to settle any tab owed. That includes my Maserati exhaust that needed replacement within a couple months outside of warranty. Both you and Park Place said you would cover the replacement under warranty because it was so close to the end of the warranty and it shouldn't have failed at 3 yrs. This must be typical since the same thing happened at Porsche when my tire pressure monitors had to be replaced 15 days outside of warranty. No charge. I am not aware of ever getting anything below cost from anyone but if you say that I have from you, then thank you.

It is absolutely fair for me to state that based upon the 6-7 cars that Houston has wrapped for me, it has been cheaper than going through a dealer. (A pre wrapped new car would not be included since it can appear to be free in a deal since it's paid for in other ways). Do I get better pricing for multi car discount? Maybe. I don't keep track. I just pay what he asks. Everyone I have referred has said yes to Stratashield for quality and pricing.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    where are you on 458 brake bleeds? :D ;)

I bet you guys do have "wholesale" special pricing because of your volume that a "contractor" honors for the business relationship. If I was a Boardwalk service customer I would certainly just have them do it.

14. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Has this thread gone off topic?

15. Speed Racerette

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    Absolutely. It was on topic until the HIPAA violation!

16. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I hear the cowboys are in the playoffs.

17. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Just wild card, not real playoffs. ;)

18. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #18 SAFE4NOW, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    Well, I don't know about all of that...

All I wanted to know was if David were to go somewhere else for the services he asked about , that he either privately or publicly share with me what he pays.

That way, I could price check myself and make sure that I am offering the same services for a fair price.

S

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I hate to play moderator here local, but I think best. We all know each other personally, so there goes my community wide theory most problems are the impersonal nature of the internet. :D

I'm going to close the thread because the OP has plenty of recommendations.

My personal opinion.

1) Steve is a sponsor and can recommend his services.

2) Frances has a contact for this service and can recommend it.

3) Maybe not perfect internet etiquette to so blatantly step on a sponsors post revealing your contact is also the sponsors. That is pretty much a private relationship and I bet contractor doesn't care for it to be revealed either. Frances could have just PM'd this to OP.

4) Cowboys will win the wildcard.