New Ford Raptor with 10 Speed Automatic | FerrariChat

New Ford Raptor with 10 Speed Automatic

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by carguyjohn350, Jan 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
  2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Its an image car, an emotional vehicle, very cool, fubnctionaly not a great truck, a geart driving aorund vehicle, would like one too, but. So why then did they not put av8 in it, a tubo 6 sounds euro weeinie, dosent fit in a truck. Its like a ductai but built with a 4cyl japanese engine, dosent make sense. We wbnat the sound and thuinder to go with the looks and feel.

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    aluminum chassis and ecoboost V6, meh.

10 speed auto is actually perfect for trucks, particularly ones that will see heavy payloads/towing. allows spacing for gearing to keep high gear for speed/economy on highway but multiple low gears for getting off the line. that's why semis have 18 (or more) gears...

4. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    Same as with the new GT. Love the design (looks), but there is the V8????? Coooome ooonnn!!!!

5. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I understand the GT having the TTV6 for racing. But the Raptor needs a V8... EcoBoost is a great engine, and they ran them in Raptors in the Baja 1000, but I still want the sound of a V8.

6. YenkoYS100

YenkoYS100 Karting

Sep 9, 2004
    Payson, AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Gloria McClurkan
    #6 YenkoYS100, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    Drive a 2015 F150 with the 3.5L TTV6. We did, and in anger (this was at the Ford F150 driving event. The Ford rep loved it, because I drove the trucks like I stole them. He said everyone was driving them like they were at driving school). LOL They sound pretty good.

Sorry, but we are big fans of the TTV6, as we have one in our Explorer Sport.

We do not own the current/previous Raptor specifically due to the 6.2L boat anchor. Yes it is powerful, but it is heavy and sucks fuel like the V10 in our F250.

BTW, here is an article on the new, second Gen TT 3.5L.
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/news/a24742/the-new-ecoboost-v6-from-ford-performanceits-all-new/

7. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I drove a ford with the TTv6. Thought it sucked. Not that powerful or smooth sounded like crap.

You know v6 turbo diesels also make lots of power and save fule, but I wouldnt want one in a sportscar.

8. YenkoYS100

YenkoYS100 Karting

Sep 9, 2004
    Payson, AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Gloria McClurkan
    You drove a 2015??? Different monster.

9. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    The EcoBoost V) has good power and a great torque curve. Better than the 6.2, really. But even with the weight savings, and fuel mileage, I can't help but want the V8. A turbo V8 would have been awesome. The Raptor will never get great economy, so why not have the biggest engine possible....

10. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    The new 6 is a completely different motor. See referenced R&T article above. I've been waiting for this truck and specifically hoped for a revised turbo 6 as the 6.2 is not my friend. My buddy has a 6.2 and, well, not really all that. More torque, More HP, better fuel economy, I'm in. Further, did you hear the monster sound from the GT??? Goodness great! It's a beast.