FCA Florida Director or President | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FCA Florida Director or President

Discussion in 'Florida' started by gatorgreg, Jan 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomd308

tomd308 Karting

Jun 10, 2006
    gainesville florida
    Full Name:
    thomas dukas
    +1 on Jay. A great person and an excellent speaker and master of ceremonies.

2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    +1 Jay's a great very positive person - also very smart - he lives in my home state now!
    LOL

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Is Fred interested in moving to New England?

4. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I liked Fred. He was really nice guy But what is going on? So Fred is out. Is there an election or a replaceent?

5. FLY YELLOW

FLY YELLOW Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2008
    Boca Raton,FL
    Full Name:
    John Vag....
    I think Fred B and Jay W were two of the best FCA Florida Region Directors in the 30+ years I have been a member.
    It saddens me how both were voted out by the other board members. Hopefully when another Director is elected (that was as active and caring of its members) as those two were, that it will not happen again!
    I will always be a FCA member and will attend as many events as I can, but if I notice at any time that a new Director, whomever that may be in the future, is there for the wrong reasons ...... I will speak up.
    I hope the FCA Florida Region learns from the positive things that both Fred and Jay brought to the Club and use them in the future.

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Excuse a newbie question but a board member elected by the members can be voted out by the board?

7. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    And that is 110% true. Jay was a true inspiration.
    The question everybody has to ask themselves when embarking on directing a group of mostly self absorbed egomaniacs is: "Do I need to see a Psychiatrist?"

I found a bunch of Scuderia stickers, if anybody wants to continue with that. :)

8. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M

mr M.....
    did you say stickers...... come on now..... I will send you a PM.....

9. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'm not in the region but am considering becoming a snowbird soon. Sorry to read this thread.

I disengaged from region years ago but we've self organized monthly and weekly events on our own w/o the FCA and they've been well attended and fun, sans any politics whatsoever. We even have the Lamborghinis and Porsches joining in our fun now.

Ira, good to see you here. You visited us at our home way back when I had a 308.

I'm visiting Lauderdale next week, anything of interest, Cars or Coffee, etc. while I'm there for two weeks?

Sent via itty bitty electrons

10. FLY YELLOW

FLY YELLOW Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2008
    Boca Raton,FL
    Full Name:
    John Vag....
    Just north of Fort Lauderdale is one of the biggest Ferrari only event of the year.... "Cavallino Classic" up in West Palm Beach, PBIR, and Palm Beach from 1-20-15 to 1-25-15.

11. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Hi Al-
    Yes, I remember- hope all's well!
    John's right- Cavallino is not to be missed, especially if you haven't been before. The track action (Thursday & Friday) is at PBIR up in Jupiter, some of the ancillary stuff is in West Palm Beach, and most activity is centered around The Breakers across the bridge in Palm Beach. There's also a related event at Mar-a-Lago on Sunday. I've attended every Cavallino Classis since its inception, so this will be my 24th year.
    I still live in Baltimore, but have kept a Ferrari in Florida for 15 years now, so I know the turf pretty well- PM or e-mail me if there's anything I can do.

Ira

12. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Ira
    24 straight years, that pretty impressive - looking forward to seeing you again this year - you can probably run PBIR with your eyes closed
    John

13. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    THANKS, John- I'm nothing if not stubborn!
    Actually, I first drove PBIR back in 1979 and as I think you know, it's had several configurations over the years (even before the recent renovations), but yes, I've often been accused of driving with my eyes closed!

14. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Thanks Ira. I'll send PM when I get to Lauderdale. Should arrive late FRI night this week.
    You're living the life! Would be great to have you visit us again when you're back in Balto. Maybe join a group of Tifosi for brunch in Annapolis after our weekly Sunday Cars and Coffee?

Sorry for the thread hijack guys.

15. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Yes, sorry for the hijack!
    Al- I'll PM you my cell #.

16. Living4life

Living4life Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2008
    Fred has been amazing and I wish the new guy the best of luck. I hope Fred can remain on the board or something to help out. He has taken the lead when no one else could/would.

17. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    The Florida FCA is a mess director wise - Fred and others quite - other thinking of quitting if things don't change - don't want to mention names but it is very upsetting - in contrast to the NC chapter where we play in the summer - great events between NC, SC, GA, and TN with great and stable leadership

18. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL

+1 I only attended a couple of events on the east coast, but they were great (track days). I am on the west coast and still a worker bee, so I can't do as much with the club as I would like. But the events I have seen were great, and there were a lot of them. And they weren't just dinners and cocktail parties (which really don't interest me, unless there is some kind of speaker that makes it car-related) Fred clearly put his heart and soul into making it work. I don't think you will find someone as young, tenacious, and energetic willing to put the time in like he did. Maybe he rubbed some folks the wrong way, but perhaps they need to look at what he accomplished and also have a little bit thicker skin.

Scott

19. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Just a thought for those who believe FCA of our region is better served without Fred Burton. I have just received my FCA news Bulletin, an lo and behold their are NO EVENTS planned by FCA of our region. There 2 Cars and Coffees but that was the courtesy of the 2 Dealerships. Every other FCA has outings and events, we have Zero. Unless i want to drive to Naples or Delaware, I will be eventless. This with Fred as president never happened. I just needed to vent.

20. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    There is your problem
    That speaks volumes, owners not being engaged by their leaders because they don't even own the cars they center their meet around

21. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Makes me wonder where the rest of the membership is. If a club is that dependent on one guy it is doomed to fail. The others ought to get off their butts and make it happen and quit expecting someone else to always get it done.

Everyone love to complain but no one wants to do something about it.

22. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I can't speak to the FCA Bulletin, but see this FChat thread for a calendar of forthcoming FCA events (several of which are scheduled for the coming weeks):

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/florida-sponsored-ferrari-tampa-bay/473965-ferrari-club-america-florida-2015-calendar-events.html

23. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Precisely correct ! The owners want events in the Fort Lauderdale area to play with our cars. I organize a monthly meet up for a Dinner. John, normally organizes something spur of the moment. Ferrari Fort Lauderdale has a cars and coffee each month. We all attend. The preceeding is NOT FCA.

24. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Yes within the hour you may have reached out to someone as i received a personal email from Tom. However to that issue, aside from driving to NAPLES without a group, or going to a car show to look at other peoples cars, I stand by what I wrote. BTW thank you for reaching out and your quick response . :)

25. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    You're welcome, but I didn't reach out to anyone. I agree that the club should do a better job at promoting FCA events, but I too stand by what I said- the thread I referenced reflects several non-C&C events by FCA over the next few months near Lauderdale.