Hello All - Need floor mats - recomendations? | FerrariChat

Hello All - Need floor mats - recomendations?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by YellowMurci, Jan 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Just picked up a lovely white 1991 TR w 11k miles and looking for new floor mats - interior is tan with dark brown dash - do people get brown or tan mats and any idea where to get them from? Thank you!

2. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Im in the same boat as you Harry. The rubber backing on the mats is starting to flake off and they are.....old! Two schools of thought: A) Dark brown would wear better and hide dirt. B) Tan mats look better IMHO but get dirty quicker.

My prerequisites: Quality pile, correct horse logo and a shade of tan that closely matches the carpets.

Im in Manhattan for the next 2 days. PM me if you want to grab a beer and go over your new car. Mine is a 1990 White/tan.

3. JoeLo

JoeLo Karting

Mar 19, 2006
    FL / NY
  4. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Actually, there is no correct horse logo. The matts are straight solid color with the hard rubber on the top if you are going for the original look.

Personally, I'm looking to replace my matts this year as well, I'm tired of seeing that big horse on my matts on bright red. Going for a black matt myself that represents as close to original.

I put the originals in just to see, and the car looks stunning all one color. It's a matter of taste for all of us, do what makes you happy, but I would try and match your original floor Matt from the factory for a change , why have a 360/430 looking Matt in the flagship Testarossa ;) :p

5. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    My 1987 black interior doesn't have mats. just the carpet with drivers heel pads. Is this correct or mats also? I thought maybe Cavolino mats were an option? Now I know horsey mats are not period correct. Do added mats get caught under the pedals ?

Ago

6. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Ago, yes mats can get caught under the pedals if not secured properly. My horsey mats do not though. They just look dirty and cant be cleaned, i have tried.

This place sells mats. with or without a 7" horse or lettering. I might order a set and test them out.

WestWind Europe - Ferrari Floor Mats

7. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Thanks all! Just got back!

8. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Thanks buddy was away for the holiday!

9. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I need new mats. What is period correct?

Carpet with the plastic square only or plain black mat on top of that?

10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Keith Collins is the best! I only use his mats in my cars.

12. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  13. jjmcd

jjmcd Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Lloyd's makes excellent mats for Ferrari. Look on the Ricambi site.

14. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    If it were me and I owned a very low mileage car like yours I would go buy any old car mats that were cheap. The only job I would want them to do is to protect the ORIGINAl carpets. If you ever take your car to a show the judges look for originality and this keep the resale value up :) Change the original carpets and you stand a chance of it costing a lot more than the cheap carpets.

HIH

Phil