smogging the F355 | FerrariChat

smogging the F355

Discussion in '348/355' started by ducatidragon916, Feb 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ducatidragon916

Aug 31, 2009
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    George York
    I wanted to tell you guys about F355 fiasco I have had with trying to smog the car. A few weeks a go I took my Ferrari to the service center I usually go to get my car smog-ed here in California. I took it to my service tech and dropped the car off to get the smog. He called me back within and hour and said I have bad news for ya it failed smog and is running really ratty. I asked him really what do you think is the problem? He said it needs adjusting and a severe tuneup etc... I asked him "do you think changing the spark plugs will improve it to pass smog etc. he said it might but that he would like to work it to optimum conditions etc... I took my Ferrari back home and pondered on the why it would fail etc... Since I had the cats replaced by the same tech 6 years prior and with new cats and hardly driving it every year why would it fail?? So i figured since I always fill up the tank and drive it a few miles every month caused this problem from "old" gas lingering in the tank! I drove all of the bad gas from 5 years out with an octane booster and added fresh gas with an additive called "guaranteed to pass smog" and drove for another 150 miles and then took it to a discount smog place where the Ferrari passed with flying colors!!! There is definitely a lesson to be learned here my friends....

2. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Drive your car more?

3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Drive the **** out of it.

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Don't listen to that tech?

5. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    CA gas is crap

6. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It would be interesting to see the results of the failing and passing reports.

7. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Yes, it would be interesting. Please post for us all.