1970 Green 365 GT 2+2 | FerrariChat

1970 Green 365 GT 2+2

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by [email protected], Jun 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tim@timmikel.com

Mar 21, 2009
    Ventura, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim Mikel
    I am looking at a 1970 green 365 2+2 located in Spain. 81,000 km. Number plate shows engine no. 245, chassis no. 13265. Does anyone know anything about this car?
    Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tim

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The number 245 is not the engine number. It is the engine TYPE.
    The actual engine number is stamped on the raised boss and the internal number is stamped on the rounded area above the engine number, near the inspection peephole.

13265 was sold new to Switzerland, Verde Bahram 2.443.546 with black interior VM 8500.

Please post photos of all the numbers. Thanks.

Marcel Massini

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #4 El Wayne, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As Marcel has pointed out, 245 is the engine type, as shown here:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. tim@timmikel.com

Mar 21, 2009
    Ventura, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim Mikel
    The advertised vehicle appears to be identical (except higher mileage) to the one in El Wayne's video. The photo of the number plate that was provided is also identical to the one shown in El Wayne's photo (there was no provided picture of the engine number). The owner wants to use SandF-Mail LTD to ship the car to me. According to them, I will have two days to decide if I want the car. I plan to use that time to do a PPI and to make sure that the numbers do indeed match.
    Again, thank you so much for your help!
    Tim

5. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross

"The owner wants to use SandF-Mail LTD to ship the car to me. According to them, I will have two days to decide if I want the car."
    So the car is shipped to you for approval or is your PPI done in Spain? The former sounds very suspicious.

6. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    I agree. If you are paying some sort of deposit and they are saying they will ship you the car for your approval - that sounds like a scam. Be careful.

7. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #8 wrxmike, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    This is 100% a scam.
    https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/buyers-beware--nine-notorious-scams.html

"Shipping Scam
    In the shipping scam, a thief posing as a seller requests a deposit on a vehicle and promises to ship the vehicle to the potential buyer for personal inspection within a set number of business days. Typically thieves will tell prospective buyers a third-party shipping company will be in contact with the buyer to ship the car after the deposit is sent via wire service. Scammers often use forged or copied websites to appear legitimate. An investigation by the BBC revealed criminal gangs are often the perpetrators of shipping scams and other types of auto fraud"

M

8. SteviePPS

SteviePPS Karting

May 11, 2013
    EU
    Full Name:
    Steve Warson
    I remember that car for it black taillight surrounds. It was being sold by The Gallery, in Brummen, The Netherlands. Their photo spot is very recognizable, so please show us the pictures you are getting from "Spain", they might be old pics...