Car mats? | FerrariChat

Car mats?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Alcav5, May 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Any opinion or recommendations for replacement or supplemental car mats?

I purchased aftermarket mats for my old Cali and I really wasn't impressed but they served a purpose. This time around I am thinking of purchasing a second set of new oem mats (I have not looked into that yet) but I am wondering if anyone has done something else / different. Maybe a vendor they could recommend?

I am also now (lol) concerned about my crema interior as I am thinking about picking up my kids from tennis (clay courts).

2. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Andrew at ExotiCARe does an excellent job, with many options, including rear seat mats, which I got. I chose Alcantara for the main surface, things just brush right off. Easy care and lots of options for edges, stitching, logos, heel pads.

I also did a trunk mat, which is working out really nicely.

See pics in My 12 Month California T Odyssey thread...

You could get them in clay color and swap them with your factory mats as needed during tennis shuttles.

3. Gb135

Gb135 Karting

Jul 28, 2014
    Did the same, Andrew is a good guy and very helpful.

4. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Unless your Cali is a daily driver like mine then you want WeatherTech. I must admit though it would be nice in the summer to have a really nicely stitched prancing horse or large Ferrari emblem but then when I'm driving to lunch in the rain I'm most happy to have the WeatherTechs.

5. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    No worries, switch to hard courts ! :)

6. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
  7. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #8 ttforcefed, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. phishgoldy

phishgoldy Karting

May 12, 2014
    NYC
    #9 phishgoldy, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hey guys

Just saw your question about mats. I found a guy who makes them custom in Connecticut. I ordered leather ones (they are super durable and easy to clean; you just wipe them off).

Just ask for Brendon. 914 552 7604

He can pretty much make anything and the quality is really nice.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    +1

Brendon (and his dad, Johan) own Coachtrim in Danbury. They do exotic car interiors/restoration and use OEM or better materials, and can customize whatever you want. I've had them make mats and other things for our cars, they are awesome. Plus, they can probably help you with keeping the Crema from picking up that red clay tint...

They are (temporarily) working out of the Speedsport Tuning shop over the summer before they move in to their new location.

11. Fosrari

Fosrari Rookie

May 27, 2015
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jasen
    Just ordered a set from exoticare, I think they have many great custom options. Pricing was moderate, I will try and post some pictures once I receive them.