Need suggestions for a lift in a garage | FerrariChat

Need suggestions for a lift in a garage

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Sep 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Anyone have any suggestions for a lift in the garage? I've run out of space and need to put a lift in to accommodate a car in the future.

2. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Thank you for the referral. I sent them an email and they already responded. I have an appointment scheduled with them in the next week or two to get my garage fitted.

3. Coolwheels

Coolwheels Rookie

Jan 25, 2015
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Don
    #4 Coolwheels, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It works great. I'm traveling right now and don't have the specs. I also looked at American Custom but chose this because the shipping was less and he lift was also less. Works great. Looks great. Message me if you want me to get the details...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. FatFrank

FatFrank Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    Wow!, that is a tight fit. Very efficient but it does look a bit scary too with the lift pillar on one side only.

5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
  6. reubenk

reubenk Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    atlanta burbs
    Full Name:
    reuben k
    wow, you've given me new hope! I thought my ceiling was too low. how high is yours? 9' exactly?

7. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have a Revolution Rotary Lift....American company, made in China.....lift works great and inexpensive....does the job I need it to do....

8. Lou

Lou Rookie

Jan 17, 2015
    Livermore, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou George
    IMHO... Nothing better than a four post Backyard Buddy. I've compared it to the Direct Lifts and although they are a little more money, I like the design.

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    thabks for th suggestions. I'll check em out.

10. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    That's a great fit. Should I assume that your garage door does not roll up?

11. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
  12. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    #13 Graz, Sep 2, 2015
  13. Mikael_W

Mikael_W Karting

Jul 19, 2010
    coolwheels, where did you buy yours? i have limited height in my garage that i will build

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    Graz:
    Those are the stickiest tires ever. Where did you get them?

15. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Ha! I know. Sorry, seem to always have upside issue when posting from iPad. I'll figure it out someday :)

16. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Seriously though the single post lift from American Custom Lifts is great. If anyone would like more info PM me and I can email all the installation photos I took ( right side up :) during the process.

17. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I assume the AC will make the lift to the height you want. I have Bend_Pak twin post and the distributor said I could have it shorter if I needed to (which I did not as I have 16-foot ceiling).

I should have gotten the asymmetrical.

By the way, make sure to get the roll-around oil drain and also the floor jack; I use them both all the time

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    several of you are recommending the single post lift- I had the installer come out and he strongly suggested a 4 post lift. He said its much more secure and god forbid something happens to one of the posts, 3 you have 3 others as back up. I have the space for a 4 post lift so Im not super concerned by it but was just curious as to everyones opinion.

19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I have had excellent success with 4 post lifts from Backyard Buddy. I've been using several of their lifts since 2003 and been adding over the years. There are more choices now so they are not the only game in town and they might have gotten more expensive too- but I will give them my recommendation.

20. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I have found that most will recommend what they install or sell. I used to have a 4 post lift and found it to be too intrusive in my garage space. Personally love the single post lift. Its rock solid and really commercial grade. The other HUGE advantage is the width of the ramps on the AC single post lift. They are about 2 feet wide each and its a no brainer when you pull on or back off the ramp. PM me if you want more info or call my cell 973-768-0824. Best, Tom

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Thanks Tom.m we are in the last phase of our home construction being done. I need them to elevate my garage rails. I have 12 foot ceilings in the garage so not a huge issue but just need the gag are guys to come in and give me a bid. I'll figure out the 4 vs single post when that's complete.

22. Mikael_W

Mikael_W Karting

Jul 19, 2010
    where can you buy the lift that coolwheels has in the picture?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. trips

trips Rookie

Aug 12, 2013
    #24 trips, Sep 11, 2015
    Love my 4-post bend pak! Got a great deal as well, PM me if you have any interest and I can pass along who I got it from.

Best,
    Tom
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Bumping an old thread. It's. Ow time to actually get the lift as I got my extra car. Looking at Bendapak 4 post lift now. To bolt or not to bolt? Any downsides to Bendapak? Ty