Rosberg: Whiner or just an immature child? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Rosberg: Whiner or just an immature child?

Discussion in 'F1' started by mikelfrance, Oct 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Exactly. Im sure the contract has provisions for intentional sabotage. Look at alonso/mclaren debacle. Alonso bounced back because he's alonso.

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You are confusing sport and competition.

You can run, drive, jump, ride, climb, shoot, ski, slide, swim or else for your pleasure, as a sport.

It's when you feel the need to compete against others that it takes another dimension.

I have never been a very competitive person, so I don't understand many sportmen.

3. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Even in what you are calling sport though, you are still competing against yourself to try to get better, or at least to a level you find enjoyable.

I agree though - not everyone likes to compete against others. It's a product of a lot of different things IMO - environmental, genetic, etc. Sometimes healthy, sometimes not...

At this rate, we will be talking about the point of life soon... ; )

4. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I could see how Rosberg got pissed when Hamilton threw the cap at him, intentionally or not. But aside from that, he has only himself & bad luck to blame.

5. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Not being a big fan of Rosberg, (neither of Hamilton), I don't see why rules in the US GP were not respected. Troughout the whole year and several seasons before, we've seen many cases of penalties due to " forcing/pushing another car off the track". Penalties were varying from :
    -10 sec pitstop
    -drivetrough
    -varying numbers of places back at grid of next race.

Whether Hamilton's tires were lacking grip, and that the track was damp, is 100 % irrelevant. The fact that he was on the inside is BS, that doesn't give him the right to push another driver (Rosberg) off track.

Rosberg lost about 5 places because of this, Hamilton should have had a severe penalty, period.

In that case, we would have had a very different race.

Btw, throwing the 2nd place hat to Nico in the pre-podium room, was shameful. Hamilton , who knows millions of people are watching this, showed his real face there, this guy is lacking any kind of respect. What a peasant.

6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree with that.

7. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    I understand being competitive if money is involved. Otherwise i could care less but im sure other people compete for a sense of self satisfaction. Having played many sports i can absolutely understand this feeling but once i knew id never play professionally i stopped caring. No fame, no fortune, no care.

8. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Stop making Rosberg out to be the victim. He parked his car in Monaco and took Hamilton out in spa. He should expect Hamilton to be aggressive. Rosbergs own fault that be is too mentally weak to get over spa, no one else's.

If he did that he would be fired immediately, and would result in him losing points no professional driver would do that

9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's a very mercenary attitude you have ...

You don't believe in amateur sports, I guess.

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So Spa 2014 will be your excuse to the end of time when Hamilton runs Rosberg off the track in every second race? And that last sentence is only right partly: yes it is Nicos fault to be mentally weak but it is also Totos and Nikis for putting him down. Good leadership requires getting out the best of every employee and they both failed horrible on that and they seem to be even happy with it judging their grin when something happens to Rosberg.

11. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    They didn't put nico down. They blamed him for the situation because it was his fault and then advised both drivers that if they make contact like that again then they will both be reprimanded and their position in the team will be reevaluated. Nothing unfair here. Hardly a reason to drop form. Conversely, I think NIcos form has stayed the same Lewis has just upped his game and recovered from the problems in 2014 caused by reliability and nico that killed his momentum.

That Smirk was by toto only and not lauda. And it can be interpreted in numerous ways. He smirked and they both shook their heads - not because they were overjoyed that nico got passed by Lewis but because they couldn't believe what an idiot he was for spinning by himself and losing the lead

12. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Nico is going to McLaren soon. He has half the talent of LH.

13. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #63 classic308, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    And the honda seems to have half the hp of the MB...maybe he won't spin then....

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Is this what you are telling yourself? Really?
    Whenever Nico gets pole Toto explains the TV why Hamilton did not rather than why Rosberg did...When Nico stayed in front at Socchi after the start Toto mentioned in TV that was because "Hamilton was on cruise for the WDC" although everyone saw Hamilton was trying to pass him. If your own boss is talking you down like you were allowed to stay in front only by the goodwill of your team mate then you know what to think of it...
    I do not understand how one can still think that they are treated even by Toto and Niki. And the fact that the game changed significantly exactly since Spa do not come from Hamilton but from Rosberg who lost it. That is no coincidence, open your eyes!
    Just like Mercedes always pointed out that they are sportsmen and that there will be never team order because they let their drivers fight against each other just to think about team orders after the first race not running according to plans shows what to think of Wolff in that case...

15. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think it's a little unfair to keep calling Nico mentally weak, if that was the case he wouldn't have been in the hunt for a WDC at all, IMO he has simply been out driven, last year and this.

16. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    I don't really, no.

17. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Maybe toto sees who his stronger driver is? Im asking not trolling. The guy knows what he's doing if he's picking his horse to ride to the finish line who are we to question him.

18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    He is among the 5 best at the moment.

20. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1....I think he's being unfairly slammed. Has made errors, but I don't think he's just turned tail and let Ham walk all over him. They've gone at it this season and Lewis (and some bad luck) has gotten the better of him.

He has made some unforced errors also, but that happens when you're on the back foot and reacting.

21. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Good points. I agree.

Robb

22. Hamishmoon

Hamishmoon Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2014
    Blairgowrie,Scotland
    Full Name:
    Hamish
    if you all look back to when they were karting Hamilton was always winning, nothing has changed apart from the rewards. DC has admitted now that Mika was a better driver during there time together, Rosberg is in the Hamilton era, many guys were in the Schey era , the others were in the Senna era, we have gone thru the Vettal era (Red Bull) and Seb is still there. what ever it is Rosberg just doesn't have it, that extra what ever it is, that is we all knew we would also be there.

23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nico fights cleanly, that's where his mental line is, Elton dirty. Nico is mentally broken by Mercedes as they have clearly told him not to fight back, and that they will sort things, but then don't bother, hence the reason he is asking for crisis talks with Elton this week. The guy doesn't want to risk his career, which is fair enough, but I'm sure some other team would want him, he is as quick as Elton, and fifty times the man.

24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The one reason why Hamilton didn't get a penalty is because Mercedes didn't make a complaint to Charlie. In some (not all) situations a complaint has to be made so Charlie can look at it.

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I am not really sure that Rosberg is in great demand anywhere.

Also, where would he get a car as good as the Mercedes at the moment?