Formula One Gran Premio de Mexico; Race ***SPOILERS*** | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Formula One Gran Premio de Mexico; Race ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Nov 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    IIRC they told him that his tires where down to 10%, i.e. the tires he drove the first half of the race on.
    What did you do? Try to cook? :eek:

2. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What a terrible race for Ferrari. First double DNF since 2006...

Vettel - Ricciardo incident was a pure racing incident; Ricciardo wasn't on the attack when Vettel braked, it was only a half hearted attempt to be on the side of vettel. It happens...After that Vettel tried to recover, and went wide after being stuck behind Pastor for forever, tried to late brake which didn't pay off, after that his race was well and truly ****ed. He then made an uncharacteristic mistake and plowed his car in the wall...His first proper mistake in a long, long time. I can't remember the last time he threw a car in a wall to be very honest. His only other mistake this season was going wide in Bahrain. Vettel...you're excused!

Kimi had a chance of a top 6 finish I think. Bottas tried to go round the outside, to then presumably take the inside for the next corner. Anyone with half a brain knows that corner on the inside will always, always be shut. That's a gap that will always disappear. Bottas, especially with his very recent history with Kimi, should have known better.

I felt bad for Kvyat losing out on his podium. Such a shame.

Verstappen made an error, rookie season and all that...still points. I was surprised he couldn't stick with Perez a bit more, for sure on the straight he had no hope in hell of sticking with the Merc power, but in the rest he should've been able to be closer I think. Fresh softs vs 50 lap old mediums.

Massive shout out to the fans. What a fantastic crowd. Really energetic, I loved how they where applauding Nico and shouting his name during the podium. Absolutely fantastic. Best crowd in a long, long time. Obviously their boy Perez got plenty of applause.

It's a shame the race was a tad boring. Track rubbered in and that was that...could've done with some rain! I think had Vettel survived lap 1 it would've been more interesting up front.

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 Bottas a bit amateur for that but rated a racing incident
    Great crowd. At times more fun to see them than the racing.

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep don't get me wrong, it was a racing accident in the end, avoidable from both sides.

5. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    For such a magnificent venue it sadly was the most boring race of the year.......

6. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Finally got to watch the race.

Nico drove well. Vettel put in a very poor performance. Bad showing from both Ferrari drivers actually. A lot of amateur mistakes.

Lewis drove okay but not good enough.

Ricciardo looking like he will be out scored by kyvat this season and kyvat seemed to be a lot quicker

Also it seems that Henson button will be the second team mate to beat fernando alonso in a season. I always said button was better than everyone gave him credit for...

7. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Toil said "Vettel put in a very poor performance."

Announcer David Coulthard mentioned that Sebastian topped the Speed Trap Chart, with a DRS assisted 366 Km/h / 227 MPH, the track being faster than Monza, in spite of its altitude.

8. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Read about your incident this morning and hope all is well.

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What happened Ian?

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Or Alonso lacks some motivation with a GP2 engine...And yesterday there was not much he could do against Button when the engine only lasts 1/2 a lap...So I would not take this comparison to serious under these circumstances.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Silly comparison indeed. This year results with Mclaren are mostly if not all based on luck...

12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    He wanted to win, if he felt there was an opportunity to do that, why does that make him a brat.

13. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Seems the crowd liked Nico.

That race was very entertaining and non predictable.....oh wait...

14. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I agree, but again hammy made a poor choice in pitting. I know he was told to pit but if his car felt good then he should have stayed out and asked for his engineer to keep on eye on his lap times. What is Benz going to do , fire him?

15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

16. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    +1

17. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Cool track, fantastic crowd...boring race...one of the least exciting this season. Ric puncturing Seb was a "racing incident" I guess but what was Ric's strategy there? Go in way too hot on the inside line with zero chance of making that tight first corner...to quote Button from last week...he's a bit of a nutter isn't he?

He's got very little to gain or lose at this point...shame he ruined Seb's race. Third would have still kept Seb's second place WDC chances alive.

18. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Agree but I would mandate rounded off wing end plates so as to lessen the occurances of punctures.

19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Agree, I think that Lewis should have stayed out.

20. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Quite possibly yes! - And then put Alonso in their car to carry on their winning ways!

Hamilton would lose far more by being sacked from Mercedes, than Mercedes would stand to lose by sacking him!

As things stand right now, even Lewis Hamilton would struggle to keep up with Nico's Mercedes any other car than a Mercedes!

21. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I agree.

All the best,
    Andrew.

22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lewis is the Mercedes "golden child" clearly the favorite of Wolfe and Lauda. He can stay there for as long as he wants to.

23. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Why is anyone surprised that any driver always wants to win. I think they keep statistics on number of wins don't they, and drivers tend to like to compare themselves to the greats of yesteryear. I need to stop reading these threads....I swear Sarah Palin is posting here sometimes.

24. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Ham didn't have to pit, but the team made the call for both Ros and he to come in, take advantage of their huge lead and put on fresh rubber. Given the safety car that happened a few laps later, and the fact that everyone was then on fresher rubber, it was a wise decision. Move on

25. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    He pitted on lap 27 for the change...no way they were worn down to 10% on the primes after only 6 laps. The softs lasted 27.