FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO PETROBRAS DO BRASIL 2015: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 9 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO PETROBRAS DO BRASIL 2015: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Nov 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Who's PP :D

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So you think Rosberg won by his own abilities? And what is with my other question? I thought you will answer as soon as I have answered yours...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    luckily this thread is not as boring as the race :D

4. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    :(

Oh well, I guess this thread had a pretty good run prior to heading down the crapper like most others.

Surely, everyone has had enough of this constant "Lewis is God" or "Lewis sucks" back & forth? I sure know I have. As with *so* many other threads, the signal to noise ratio is pathetic.

:(

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ah so it's fine for you to say that I'm fueled and blinded with Hamilton hate, but the opposite can absolutely not be true.

Plenty of other drivers have juvenile names, so what. Doesn't mean I hate them.

6. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Oh yes it is! *Way* more boring IMO. The same constant bickering back & forth between the usual protoganists is getting really, really, tiresome.

I think everyone here knows pretty much where everyone stands, but scanning thru tens of pages of the same BS in nearly every thread is more boring than even the worst GP ever run.

I honestly believe we're losing some valued members as a result. And that's a shame. :(

7. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think this race highlighted the problem with modern F1... the aero. It always seem that if two cars are otherwise equal or at least pretty damn close.. the guy behind can't get close enough to make a move due to the aero washing out the downforce and killing the tires. Let's assume just for a moment that Lewis was a driving better or had better pace... there was no way he was going to get by Nico unless Nico made a mistake. Nico drove a near perfect race so there simply no opportunity for Hamilton... even if you believe he could have otherwise reached him.

I love technology and I always thought the front wings were so damn cool but now I'm understanding how it's just killing the best part of F1 ... the actual racing.

8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #208 NeuroBeaker, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Best to avoid it altogether. Even making such allowances for that on the previous occasion, by strictly Australian definitions you still contravened the announced rules:

Tourism Australia: see attached PDF or link

About Australia - News & Media - Tourism Australia

stir, to:
    To provoke someone.
    A stirrer is a troublemaker.​

Urban dictionary: see link

Urban Dictionary: stir

Stir - Australian slang; Sydney (verb): to tease someone playfully about something which they are usually innocent of. For example, teasing someone about being lazy, when you actually don't think they are lazy, but just want to see their reaction.

I was just stirring him when i called him an idiot. I didn't really mean it.

FChat's F1: see link and selected quote

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/f1/495700-enforcement-rules-f1-forum.html

The Australian standard is applied in the Australian regional forum only and isn't applicable here in the F1 forum. You will need to adapt to the international standard for the F1 forum just as all the other nationalities that participate in here have done. It is your responsibility to ensure your own compliance in order to maintain your access, not mine to pacify those left in your wake as you set about amusing yourself by deliberately provoking others to see their reaction.

All the best,
    Andrew.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Race ended in qualifying.

10. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I don't profess to know what Merc do with their drivers, whether they choose to back one more than the other, it's up to them, however if it was my team I'd choose Hamilton as my number 1 driver.

There is nothing wrong in Nico believing he is top dog in the team, good for him and he is capable of winning the WDC in the Merc no question, the trouble is as I have always maintained, he would rue the day Hamilton came into the team, Merc call the shot, they did it for a reason, seems to have paid off from where I'am standing ;)
    +1
    +1
    I said the same earlier in the thread.

11. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    #211 Ney, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    #212 P.Singhof, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    You said that Mercedes did not let Hamilton race Rosberg...obviously because he was bound to the same strategy...
    For some reason I never heard of you in the past that Rosberg was not allowed to race Hamilton when Hamilton was in front and Rosberg had to do the same strategy....Now all of the sudden since the last two races some of you complain (although you say you just mention it without complaining ;) ) that this is not good and that Mercedes backs up Rosberg to get second in WDC but you never said that in the previous dozen races when Hamilton was covered by this strategy because Rosberg faced exactly the same problems with dirty air and tyre wear in the slipstream as Hamilton did yesterday...

And it is not right that Hamilton was not allowed to race Rosberg, he could do so for the entire race...But it is not the responsablity of the Mercedes strategists to find a way with a different strategy to get Hamilton past Rosberg if he does not achive it on the track...Why do you expect them to do so?
    Again: the strategy was fine until two races ago when it all of the sudden affected Hamilton. Hamilton and his fans now whining for two races although they never questioned it in the past.

13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Analysis: Why a Hamilton strategy gamble would have failed

Analysis: Why a Hamilton strategy gamble would have failed

14. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    According to Lewis.. the "team doesn't care who wins."

Motors | NBC Sports

There's a clip with Will Buxton and they talk about the strategy issue.

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That should make it interesting for 2016, then..
    :D :D :D

16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think if Hamilton had attempted a pass on Nico similar to Max's on Perez, this board would have melted to Defcom 3 levels.

17. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Right back that ^ up now or take it back....I'am going to cut you some slack for the last time, I asked you not to quote things I have not written..

18. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Next year will be more of the same... leader at the end of lap one wins unless mistake or car troubles. Given two 100% equal cars... with one driver better than the other... you would think the better driver could eventually overtake. That's almost impossible now given the aero. I'm not saying Lewis is or was better than Nico, I'm just saying in general. Unless there's a significant enough performance difference in the cars to quickly reach and pass, the trailing car just destroys itself shadowing the car ahead.

19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And what was that???

20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, sorry but it takes more than statistics for me to like an individual.
    Personality, and the way he/she comes across is very important to me.

I don't care about the stats, but I prefer Rosberg, or Ricciardo or Perez than Hamilton, just like I prefered Hakkinen to Schumaker and Prost to Senna.

Let's put it that way: which bloke I would prefer my daughter to bring home? It won't be Hamilton, I can tell you!!!

21. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    actually, there's almost zero "lewis sucks", so that's not really a fair assessment.
    There's just denying that "lewis is god" in reply to the claim that he is.

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    lol...game, set, match

23. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Fair comment.

I don't think there's anyone here who believes he sucks as a driver though - what seems to get people's goat are his 'lifestyle' choices. And that's probably just because most of us are old farts! ;)

I'd bet there's very, very few people here that wouldn't sell their first born to be in his shoes. ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

24. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I have a bit of giggle at some of his lifestyle choices, but I personally don't hold that against him in any way, neither as a person nor a driver.

and yes....you're spot on there.

25. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    A large reason they gave us the DRS...... At least they're trying!.....

Time to once again repost the contents of an open letter the late great Jochen Rindt sent to the authorities almost 50 years back!

As noted previously, "the more things change, the more they stay the same."

Nowadays, they don't so much complain about losing D/F as destroying their tires in such situations of course. But the bottom line remains the same no matter.....

Cheers,
    Ian