Maserati Khamsin | Page 240 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Also the first time I see a Khamsin with the numberplate mounted to one side, in keeping with the a-symmetrical bonnet vents.

I don't think I'll do that.

Best,

Jack.

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #5977 Nembo1777, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Actually it is fairly common in Austria to have front plates to one side, here are two more from that country, unless it is the same car with two -or even three!- different plates at different times. And no I don't know the chassis number of these two, Austria is racing Holland hard in terms of K numbers 14 and more in each of the two, best density, followed by Switzerland.

I met the owner of the blue car in the photo you posted AMLC, he as at the Swedish Intl meet in 2010 in Bastad, without the car, but he did not get back to me with info.

Best regards,

Marc
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Very nice, and looking at the mirrors I would not be surprised if the three photos are of the same car.

4. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  5. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Now there is a rare sight!

There must be a story there, anyone knows?

Best,

Jack.

6. Dr. K.

Dr. K. Karting

Mar 23, 2011
    This guy dismantled a lot of old Maseratis (3 Sebring/QP1/Merak + Khamsin), but quite difficult to deal with.

I bought some Sebring parts years ago.

7. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #5983 Nembo1777, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    Hello AMLC!

Yes that is my ex baby AM120US1242 now in North west Holland since April and I am very happy that they kept the original color which is truly gorgeous specially with the senape mustard leather combination.
    The work appears to have been done properly without excess, they took care of the light body damage behind the passenger door where there had been a slow speed contact with a railroad car/tram in San Francisco back in 1991 when Bruce Trennery's wife used the car for a while. This had not been repaired correctly before but now it has.
    The interior was kept as original as possible as well which is great.

The current owner has decided he has too many cars so he is putting it in the Artcurial Retromobile auction this coming February. They are already showing a photo of it, with the Maserati club sticker still in the side window:)

For the sake of transparency I am not involved in its sale, not commissioned in any way but I am writing the auction catalog biography for them.
    I would do anything to be able to buy it back but right now it is not going to happen I just hope it finds a good home and the car with its new owner -if he or she is not just a speculator but a true enthusiast-will be invited to attend my International "Classic Maseratis in hidden Burgundy" event in June.

On the subject of that Khamsin parts car in Germany in the two posts just above if someone could obtain the chassis number it would be useful, I am just overwhelmed with work nowadays.

MASERATI KHAMSIN REGISTRY WEBSITE NEWS
    I am happy to say that my new Maserati Khamsin Registry webmaster in the UK will be getting all the old website content from the old webmaster in Florida in the next few days to modernize that and then we will add new content before introduction: ten years after I left the US it was time for the website to be based on the same side of the Atlantic ocean as me:)!

On that note Merry Christmas and happy new year to all Khamsinisti, owners and enthusiasts:)!

Who would have thought that this discussion would reach 300 pages and the sheer number of posts and views it has to this day: wonderful:)!

Marc Sonnery

Maserati Khamsn Registry

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Good day gentlemen.

I have in the shop a 1974 Khamsin.

Can somebody tell me how the HVAC system operates in this car?

Specificly the vac switch on the dash. I'm trying to get the fresh air door to open and close. I have the open part operating, but closeing is odd. it seems you must operate the switch 2 or 3 times inorder for the door to close completely. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. the car seems to be fairly original, and not much tampering with anything behind the dash.

10. barnfieldman

barnfieldman Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Have you checked the owners manual, Figure 36? That diagram shows the vacuum line connections between the switch on the dash and the two actuators that control the two doors, and the source of the vacuum
    Regards
    Paul

11. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Couldn't find it on the site right away but this page must be it: https://www.artcurial.com/en/departments/artcurial-motorcars/

Great photo. I didn't know it is the SS version :)

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes that is it, the full catalog is not ready yet that will be sometime in January. The owner just confirmed last night that the car was repainted the same original color; oro kelso it just looks lighter in the photos. I will ask Fabio Collina how many had this color, my guess is far less than ten.

Well SS did of course never exist, that is an error either by the person who entered it in the auction for him or by some junior staffer in the auction house but any Khamsin has a Ghibli SS spec engine so...:)

Best regards,

Marc

13. silvsurf

silvsurf Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Herbert Putz
    Dear Marc, the color looks awesome!! You know that mine was originally in oro kelso and now is red :-(. I am thinking about respraying the car in its original color every now and then but never finally decided to do so as the existing paint is in perfect shape. Seeing your ex-car now makes the wish growing again :).

All the best

Herbert

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #5989 Nembo1777, Dec 20, 2015
  15. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Red on Maseratis in the 1970s was universally awful. That sort of slightly orange and lighter red never looked good to me. OTH I saw a Bora done in candy apple red that was stunning, it's still here in the USA too! My own Bora looks good in rosso rubino. But that orangish red blahhhhhyuck.

16. silvsurf

silvsurf Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Herbert Putz
    #5991 silvsurf, Dec 21, 2015
    Dear Marc,

yeah I know :). But the red could be worse and in my opinion is at least none of the colors mentioned by staatsof :):).

Best

Herbert

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Herbert,

Yes it looks great and it was nice to see it in Vienna this summer. You may have recognized a photo of it on the road during K40 reflected in the water in the 2016 event brochure:)

Best regards,

Marc

18. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That red isn't the one I was referring to, at least not on my monitor?

19. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  20. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
  21. bj69

bj69 Karting

Mar 4, 2009
    #5997 bj69, Dec 29, 2015
    Gentlemen,

Does anyone know what to do about rear hatch struts that have lost their power? Can thry be refilled? Or would you know of a goid replacement? Mine are stainless steel (not black).

Since tgis is my first post- a quick intro. My name is Bart. I've had my '74 K s/n 082 for 1 year now. Imported it from Sweden into the Netherlands, together with a low mileage silver K i found at the AMK shop while visiting Stockholm. I recommended the silver one to a friend and he bought that one a week later or so. We shared the transportation cost. (Don't have the s/n).

In the stable are also '69 Mexico and a 125cc Maserati motor cycle. I'm a good friend btw of the other Bart, who lives just 20kms away. The other Bart is more into even older cars nowadays.

22. bj69

bj69 Karting

Mar 4, 2009
    #5998 bj69, Dec 29, 2015
  23. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    #5999 Mexico074, Dec 29, 2015
    Hello Bart (bj69)...

Congratulations on the Khamsin.. A wonderful car!
    I look forward to hearing more about your car.
    What is the paint information for your car, it looks
    very good in that color...

I also am starting to have consistent problems with the rear
    hatch struts, so it will be interesting to see what
    others say...

I have attached a picture you may find interesting,
    namely my K and my Mexico!

Welcome to the Khamsin forum...

Mike

24. silvsurf

silvsurf Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Herbert Putz
    Hi Bart,

I had to change mine a couple of weeks ago too and ordered the same as were in the car for USD 30,-- each here:

https://shop.suspa.com/c16-15441-gas-spring-p1021.aspx

They come in black though.

As alternative you can order original ones at Carrozzeria Campana for app. EUR 125,-- each. Actually I don't know if they should be stainless steel. Just contact Silvia Vaccari there ([email protected]), she is extremely helpful.

all the best

Herbert