I need a referral to an Orange County traffic atty | FerrariChat

I need a referral to an Orange County traffic atty

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by wolfturbo, Nov 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Gents,

I received a very dubious speeding ticket in Laguna Niguel yesterday in my new to me 599. Motorcycle cop wrote me up for a very high rate of speed (2X limit) and I don't think I was driving nearly that fast. Thankfully, no radar to corroborate his conclusion.

Having said that, I believe it would be prudent and wise for me to lawyer up and defend myself on this one.

I would be most grateful if anybody has a good reference to an attorney specializing in traffic violations. Thanks to all.

Rob

2. jcor360

jcor360 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Del Mar Ca
    Full Name:
    John C
    Rob
    We live in Del Mar and my wife has used this gal twice. Won both times. Never had to show in court. She will drag it thru the courts and although is takes a few months she usually gets them dismissed on some technicality. The good news is she only charges $50 per deal. ( I'm not kidding) I have also had numerious friends use her with success. Here is her contact info.
    Elizabeth Aronson
    760-942-2828
    Brook [email protected] ( her assistance)

By the way I see you have had a GT3 RS in your past. I just bought one last week. On the way from Ohio. I'm looking forward to this one.

Best of luck on your ticket. John C

3. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Thanks John! Much appreciated!

Which GT3RS are you getting? Hope you're getting a 2010-2011 3.8L - those are moy favorites, but they are all great cars!!

4. jcor360

jcor360 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Del Mar Ca
    Full Name:
    John C
    Yes it a 2011 3.8L White/Red 11000 miles. Should be interesting. Haven't had a P-car for years. Thanks John

5. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The Laguna Niguel Sheriff motor officers are notorious for their aggressive ticket writing. I've spoken with other officers in the department and even they say the motors are chicken s**t. They usually sit on Crown Valley or Alicia(with wide open roads and little side traffic and a traffic flow always over the limit) and pop folks for speed. Easy to turn around and they just keep writing speed tickets in both directions. I wouldn't complain so much if they worked the intersections(where everyone blows the left turn and red lights) but they won't do that because it requires work and they can't produce the same numbers of cites. Unusual that he didn't have radar and even though most courts recognize traffic officers as experts in speed estimation, that will help your case.
    Good luck with your case.

6. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    Shoot me your email and you can send you some some docs on how to go about a trial by declaration. No court time and pretty straight forward.

7. tm22brz

tm22brz Rookie

Oct 28, 2014
    ticket clinic

8. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Just a little closure to this long dormant thread:

I took jcor360's recommendation and retained Elizabeth Aronson. Yesterday was my court date and all I can say is this lady is the Dalai Lama!!!!!

Ticket was completely dismissed after she outlawyered an argumentative/uncooperative cop. He wouldn't let me plead down my infraction, so Elizabeth requested a trial, pled not guilty, and then allowed the MC cop to hang himself by not understanding the applicable law. Judge had no choice but to dismiss!

On the other hand, there's a pissed off cop out there who will be looking for me in my 599 so he can write me up for 46mph in a 45 zone next time!

I highly recommend Elizabeth to anybody else who finds themselves in this uncomfortable predicament. Best regards to all.

9. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    and all of this cost how much? $50??

I'm going to avoid Laguna Niguel for a while...I think any red Ferrari is a target. LOL

10. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

This made my day.

11. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Great outcome!

12. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    Thanks for the follow up!

13. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    Congrats on giving him the slip!

14. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
  15. DaveGee

DaveGee Karting

Dec 25, 2005
    So "my friend" got written up for 90 in a 65 as he legally passed a car in holiday traffic going through LA on 12/30 - the start of a holiday weekend. Average speed on the 405 at the time was about 45mph. The ticket still isn't posted on the traffic court web site.

Do I tell my friend to just pay it and be thankful traffic school keeps it off his record, or take a chance and fight it using the suggestions in this thread?

DaveGee

16. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    I had a so so experience with the Ticket Clinic (mentioned above) FWIW. A dubious school zone ticket got "reduced" to coasting out of gear (ever hear of that one, especially in an automatic, me either!). It avoided traffic school but still hit insurance.

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    BOOM! Nice! :)

18. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    My turn! This is a bit north of OC but I received a speeding ticket (on Christmas day!) on Sunset in Beverly Hills for doing 71 in a 35 zone. However, the cop "liked my demeanor and attitude" and reduced it to 66 since 71 is more than double the posted speed limit and would've made me ineligible for traffic school. Here's the rub: I received another speeding ticket (in another car) about 6 months ago and did traffic school for that one so I'm unable to do it again within 18 months. I can live with the fine but would like to avoid the point on my license. These are my first speeding tickets in about 5-6 years - should I fight this one or am I basically screwed??

19. jcor360

jcor360 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Del Mar Ca
    Full Name:
    John C
    Hey Wolfturbo
    Just read your post. Now that put a big smile on my face !!!
    The other thing all you guys should do is check with your local cops or sheriff dept and see if they have a organization like we do in San Diego. Ours is called Honorary Deputy Sheriffs
    Assoc. Local business guys that drop a little $$ annually to our sheriff dept. ( My dues $300 per year) They use the money for K9, shooting range , and lots of stuff not in their budget.

20. jcor360

jcor360 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Del Mar Ca
    Full Name:
    John C
    Sorry i didn't finish. You receive a badge probably similar to the 1199 guys at the CHP but much more reasonable. If anyone needs help in SD reach out and let me know.
    By the way Wolf, I took delivery of the GT3 RS and I must say its a amazing car.

21. Leojmcca

Leojmcca Rookie

Dec 29, 2011
    SoCal
    General rule is if you qualify for traffic school, you should pay the ticket and not fight it to avoid the risk. If its your second ticket and traffic school doesn't apply, I would call Elizabeth or play the Trial by Declaration game and hope for the best!

22. DaveGee

DaveGee Karting

Dec 25, 2005
    Thank you - that's where I'm at.

DaveGee

23. HielToh

HielToh Karting

Oct 6, 2015
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Beau LeBlanc
    shawdut,

18 months is not a strict rule about multiple attendances of traffic school. It is up to the judge, and you may have to pay a higher "traffic school fee", but you very well may be able to do it again.

Beau LeBlanc

24. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback and recommendations! I may call Elizabeth and see what she says....

Shawn