Bye for now. It`s all Shamile`s fault! | FerrariChat

Bye for now. It`s all Shamile`s fault!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Total Recall, Jan 31, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Total Recall

Total Recall Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Hi again,

Well as of last Friday I`m afraid I am sadly no longer longer a Testarossa owner.

I know it`s just a car but after having various Testarossa posters on my wall over the past 30 years and the thought of one day having one keeping me motivated, the magic of finally getting my `86 Flying mirror was overwhelming.

For the past 4 years I could now look at my poster and think "Wow I`ve actually got one!"

I thought I would keep it practically forever as my only other dream car has always been a Countach which I obviously missed out on - and I`ve never really taken much notice of any other car appart from the Testarossa - just nothing else did it for me.

However I kept reading your posts Shamile on your Diablo experiences (Good and bad!) and decided to actually go and look at one close up at a show for the first time ever to see what they were all about (to be honest I never bothered before as I never thought all that much to them in pictures).

Well I was shocked!

It`s the first time since seeing a Countach that I`ve seen anything else so dramatic in the flesh. Despite the fact they don`t share any bits with the Countach the proportions that give them that look are very Countach like. It was just so breathtaking. I instantly knew I had to get one!

It should have been a dilema as my rare RHD `86 Testarossa had plenty of appreciation left in it - but bearing in mind I missed out on the Countach I knew I would kick myself forever if I missed any chance to get a Diablo while I can.

So that`s it basically!

I put my Testarossa up for sale for a realistic price as I saw a Diablo for sale for £100k.

Unfortunately by the time my advert went live the car had gone and I didn`t expect to sell the Testarossa after that as I knew even at 100k for mine, I couldn`t afford the extra for a mint Diablo. Then at the last minute a deal on a 93/4 VT Diablo project came along and after some thought and negotiations over the last month I went for it. So on Friday I said goobye to my beloved Testarossa and the Diablo came....

I`ve just been stood in front of it nearly all weekend in awe!

It`s got paint peeling, various nasty aftermarket bits on it and needs some mechanical work too - but from the second I manouvered it onto my lift I knew it`s the one for me - whatever it takes to get it back into shape.

I will miss my Testarossa like mad. I`ve never been a Ferrari fan as such but the Testarossa is just so different to the rest and I don`t think a day went by without thinking about one since the first time I played Outrun!

It is so wierd looking at my poster which I will always keep - and thinking "I used to have one of those!"

If there was any other car sitting in my garage right now appart from the Diablo (or a Countach ofc), I would be distraught at having let the Testarossa go.

If anyone is thinking of cashing in on their Testarossa for a better bank balance - or a better more modern car - just make sure you really want to do it! You won`t realise how much you will miss it until it`s gone!

Anyway I will still have a look in here - and see if there`s anything useful I can help with / comment on. Hopefully its` new owner will come on here and get as much useful info and advice as I have from you all.

So thanks everyone for making my Testarossa ownership an absolute joyride!

Catch up again one day maybe if I ever have the funds to get another Testarossa too!

Cheers :)
    Dom

2. TKO

TKO Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Tom Kearns
    Great post. Enjoy in good health.
    Tom

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Congrats mate, certainly a very different kind of drive, but very very nice indeed!

4. notenuphstuph

notenuphstuph Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2008
    Lossiemouth,Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ivor Hewjun
    Nice story, the Diablo is the only car I would consider letting my Testarossa go for.
    Sounds like an interesting project for you, it would be nice to here it's progress.
    Hope it all goes well for you. ��

5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Dom, this forum will miss your wise, level headed and informed contributions. Our loss is Lambo's gain. Good luck with your new car.
    Darius

6. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Dom, all the best! And congrats on your new dream. Who knows, you might wind up with a TR again AND the Diablo. Good luck to you mate. You'll be missed.

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

7. Total Recall

Total Recall Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Thanks everyone.

Yes once I get started I will post on the Lambo section.

I don`t think anyone ever leaves here for good Darius - so yes one day I hope I`ll be back to hear the music from the Testarossa`s 12 cylinders once again.

(assuming the Diablo hasn`t made me deaf!)

Dom.

8. 512man

512man Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tobbe
    I can understand your thinking....Enjoy.
    You must post at least 2-3 Pictures here.

9. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Dominic,

That story makes me sad. I wish you could have had both. But you, like me, can only afford 1 at a time.

I said I would be buried in my car when I first bought it. I still feel that way.

Drive fast. Take chances.

Aloha

10. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
  11. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Dom .... understandable imo ! All the Best !

Keep us posted one and a while ... like I do :D !