Maserati Khamsin | Page 244 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Danke Schoen Herbert:)

Yes in the next two months little by little I will post the cars...by the way at Retromobile the President of the Maserati Club France, Mr Teisserenc gave me information about yet another car, AM120088, which he photographed in a private collection recently, more on it asap.

Best regards,

Marc

2. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  3. silvsurf

silvsurf Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Herbert Putz
  4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello AMLC and Herbert,

Yes I saw that this afternoon.

Further down is my email to the seller the night before the auction and immediately below here his short answer that evening:

We'll wait and see, I cannot sell the car cheaper. Otherwise I keep the car, it's a beauty now ..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 4 feb. 2016 om 20:37 heeft > het volgende geschreven:

Hello S,

I hope to meet you tomorrow, I am here 33-6.....

MARKET READJUSTMENT

If you are paying attention to the market you will know that it is tightening readjusting.

It is NOT crashing but it has stopped rising and is now much more cautious

See this, written b the experts a few days ago after the very important auctions of Scottsdale

https://k500.com/story-item/the-2016-scottsdale-auctions-what-the-experts-say

Last night at the RM auction which did not go well, a very good Maserati Bora was a no sale at €180000.

Two years ago that would have been a top price.

But many owners sellers are still dreaming like it is 2014. They need to WAKE UP.

So tomorrow night I advise you to be flexible with your reserve price, you can still adjust it, just talk to Artcurial.

The estimate for you car is just CRAZY high sorry, and specially compared to the other Khamsin in the auction, just because one, just ONE Khamsin sold at Artcurial in June for €274K does not mean that is the market value.

So my advice is be flexible tomorrow.

I would say anything above €180 sell below that yes I would keep it.

I am just trying to help you and I think you know that I know Khamsins quite well:) Unlike the chap who entered your car in the auction nobody has ever heard of him that is a fact.

So I urge you to be awake tomorrow and wish you the best of luck! I would be happy if you break €300k 100% happy but I don't think it is good for anybody to see the car not sell.

Marc

END OF QUOTE

but he was not prepared to listen apparently.

As to me buying it sure let's start crowd funding LOL Oh never mind my chance will come in future:)

Best regards,

Marc

5. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hello Marc

Have you ever heard of a red/beige car in Austria with the Chassis number 388 ?
    Could it be you have it on record as 288 ?

Regards, Roger

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #6081 Nembo1777, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Roger,

I have 288 in my files it came to my 8 Khamsin meeting in August of 2010 near Zurich, he drove down from Germany where he lives or lived, Stuttgart I believe, Robert A. He had bought it in 2006 from a museum in Geneva.

I have no file on 388

Here is a photo of 288 the colors match our description but are not per se rare.

Look fwd to what you might be able to contribute:)

Best regards,

Marc
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hi Marc,

the other day I was skimming through a few old car magazines I just received and to my surprise I found an advert for a Khamsin with photo and even a serial number included.

It's about AM120 388, a red (or burgundy?) and beige car from 1982. The magazine is called Austro Classic and the car was advertised two months in a row for then 650'000 Austrian Schilling. The advert is from 1998, so unless it was sold to the Geneva Museum later on, and the serial number mis-spelled, it should be a new addition to the list. The telephone number still exists and relates to a car business in the vicinity of Vienna. I have not investigated where it went from there. See your mailbox for a scan of the magazine.

I was intrigued by the fact that both 288 (in the youtube film) and 388 seem to have fog lights behind the front grill. So maybe the owner of 288 can shed a light ?

Regards, Roger

8. silvsurf

silvsurf Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Herbert Putz
    Hi Marc, hi Roger,

as I live in Vienna I could do a quick research if you feed me with a little more information, like telephone number etc.

best

Herbert

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #6084 Nembo1777, Feb 9, 2016
    Hi Roger -many thanks for your contribution- and Herbert for your kind help offer.

Here below is the page supplied by Roger which includes the ad about 388 Herbert.

Let us know if you find out anything, meanwhile I will contact Robert A. who owned 288 in 2010 and find out more. Hopefully we can find out if it is one and he same or two cars with oe typing error.

Best regards,

Marc

10. achimguenther1

Nov 6, 2011
    Germany, Baunatal
    Full Name:
    Achim Günther
    #6085 achimguenther1, Feb 12, 2016
    Hello,
    here update of Restoration of Khamsin 1160.

Since some weeks I am working on the electrics:

The black and White plan was very difficult to read. So I made it in colours, fuse by fuse, allways comparing with the reality.

I hope it can help others ( Without warranty !).

Can you do me a favour please:
    I did not take enough photos of the wiring in the engine compartment: which exact way the cables take:
    I need fotos of the wiring on the right side: to ventilator, batterie, fuel pump and vacuum valves.

I also need photos of the wiring on the left side in the engine compartment: to LHM pressure switches, generator, engine temperatur sensor. horns, lights.

11. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    #6086 Mexico074, Feb 12, 2016
    Hello Achim...

Vielen, vielen Dank fur die elektrischen Zeichnungen! They will be very useful in
    the future for all us K owners.. I will stop trying to write German, as it has just been
    way too long since I have done so!

As my car is on my lift awaiting installation of the re-pressurized brake spheres and a
    new main sphere, I ran down and got the following photos..

I am not sure any of these will be useful to you as they are, but they may be a good
    starting point for you. Once we narrow down exactly what you need, I may be able to
    help..

So, please take a look at the attached and let's take it from there! You may need to
    provide pictures of the area in question on your car, and then perhaps I can try and
    get the same picture on my car.. Mine is a US model, but I don't think that should
    matter much, unless you want pictures of the lovely bumpers (Stossstangern).. :)
    Let me know...

Mike

12. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    #6087 rga, Feb 12, 2016
    Hello to all

I will try to post a few Pictures I found on a japanese site.
    This car seems to be the same as on the front cover of CarGraphic 10/1974.
    So that would make it one of the first 100 produced.
    The interior used to be black leather with beige carpets, but now has changed
    to Panna and contrasting seat-inserts and blue carpets.

The workshop where it was restored is highly qualified, as they did a whole lot
    of Miuras (including SVJ) and racing machinery as well.

Enjoy

13. Pinballking2

Pinballking2 Rookie

Feb 7, 2015
    Bronxville, NY
    Full Name:
    Andrew ORourke
    #6088 Pinballking2, Feb 12, 2016
    Just got my car up an running. Wow...Can anyone recommend a source of information and advice as to " how to" bleed the brakes and system. My headlights flip up and brakes work, at least in the jacked up position it is in now,while work is done. Clutch lets me go in and out of gear... Just want to do all I can while still in the air. Respond here or pm

Title should have read, Start up after Long Sleep
    Somehow that became London?
    5 speed

14. Pinballking2

Pinballking2 Rookie

Feb 7, 2015
    Bronxville, NY
    Full Name:
    Andrew ORourke
    #6089 Pinballking2, Feb 12, 2016
  15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Can you shed some light on the speed sensitive steering?

16. Pinballking2

Pinballking2 Rookie

Feb 7, 2015
    Bronxville, NY
    Full Name:
    Andrew ORourke
    #6091 Pinballking2, Feb 12, 2016
  17. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    The speed sensitive system is a pure mechanical. A govener is driven by a belt driven on the left side of the diff. As speed incnceases the governor increases hydraulic pressure to the cantering cam on the steering head, increasing the steering self centering. Clever and simple.
    Do a search on this thread and there is pictures and more info.

18. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello AMLC that is AM120US1032 bought in Boca Raton Florida by Albrecht Guggisberg of Oldtimer garage in Toffen Switzerland at least 12 years ago, bought by a Danish enthusiast at least 11 years ago then restored to perfection. In this photo it is shown at the Techno Classica show in Essen Germany in April 2010 in the booth of a Dutch (from Holland) anti rust treatment company which it was sent to twice for treatment.

Good night,

Marc

20. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Ok very interesting, so it isn't in Holland anymore. Is this the same car (appears to be Danish)?: https://500px.com/photo/119798719/maserati-khamsin-by-thomas-sass-pedersen

21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes that is it but it never lived in Holland.

It was sold new in the USA, then went to Switzerland, Denmark where it is now and since at least ten years in the south near the German border.

It only visited Holland very briefly twice for a few days in 2010 for anti rust baths in a company that specializes in that.

Best regards,

MS

22. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  23. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    #6098 Mexico074, Feb 16, 2016
  24. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I suggest doing some searches in the entire Maserati section not just the Khamsin section as the LHM system was utilized on several models.

There are several helpful HOW TO guides that will allow you to determine the health of the accumulators (spheres) and regulators as well as bleeding of the system. Ivan Ruiz, on here, did a couple of them as well as others. As long as you utilized compatible fluid you should be just fine. It's a basic hydraulic system like on a backhoe though some of the the fittings are unique.

Before you waste a lot of fluid check the condition of the spheres. This can be done via the number of repetitions of the headlamp lifts and brake pedal applications that are obtained after you charge the system with the engine running and then turn it off thus testing the accumulators capacities. No special tools required!

Search is your friend!

Have fun! :D

25. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    #6100 rga, Feb 18, 2016