Retromobile | FerrariChat

Retromobile

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by doltond, Feb 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. doltond

doltond Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2008
    Sonoma and San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Dolton
    #1 doltond, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If you get a chance (and FOG members, see Joe's email about this), you HAVE to come to Retromobile in Paris (first week of February every year). I've been to MANY car shows, and nothing compares to the breadth and scope of Retromobile! Sooo many pictures - here is a start!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Great photos.

3. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Doug - Great pictures!!

doltond likes this.
  4. w.Hudkins

w.Hudkins Karting

May 16, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    William Todd Hudkins
    I have been to Retromobile many times its a must see! Missed the last 2 years,,, great show.

5. w.Hudkins

w.Hudkins Karting

May 16, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    William Todd Hudkins
    my friends tell me attendance was down this year.

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I am intending to be in Paris on 2nd. to 4th. February next year and thinking about extending my stay to include a visit to Retromobile. I understand the show in 2025 starts on Wednesday 5th., so the easiest thing for me would be to go to Retromobile on the Wednesday. Is the first day much the same as the others, or is there a reason to extend for longer and go on a different day? Advice from seasoned Retromobile goers would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

7. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    This year's RetrOmobile was like a European Pebble Beach, but indoors! It seemed like only the best of the best was on hand, and it was massive. Many of the booths seemed snooty and unapproachable, but mere plebians could gaze from a distance, behind the ropes. The swap meet area for parts was quite small; a major disappointment. The big auction houses were off site, and scattered in the City of Paris. I was there for each, and every day, yet I still see new things that I missed from all these photos. It was a bit overwhelming at times, as well as over crowded. But I am so glad that I attended.

doltond likes this.
  8. doltond

doltond Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2008
    Sonoma and San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Dolton
    I have gone every year for the past 5 years - in fact, I'm showing my pictures from all the years at the July lunchbunch meeting -- you can reach Gary Kuntz at [email protected] to get all the details. it is the best car show in the world. in my opinion...... but then I'm in Paris as I write this...... There is a 5 day ticket that includes a Tuesday night "pre-show" which is worth it..... as redfred84 says, it is a bit overwhelming and crowded.... That's why i usually go several days in a row...and why the Tuesday night "pre-show" is great.......

9. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    Looks like a ton of fun!

doltond likes this.