360 Service & Upgrades | FerrariChat

360 Service & Upgrades

Discussion in '360/430' started by EnergyTrader, Feb 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EnergyTrader

EnergyTrader Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    Naples, Florida
    Belt service, new Fabspeed headers and bypass pipes, Tubi exhaust. Contemplating Fabspeed ECU. Anyone have similar setup? Worth it? Thanks

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    That's got to be loud!!

3. EnergyTrader

EnergyTrader Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    Naples, Florida

I'm fearing that, but I don't know yet. That picture is from this afternoon. I won't get the car back for another week or two.

4. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    I recently had Fabspeed ceramic coated headers, blankets, heat shields, 02 extenders, Hyperflow sport cats installed (going through tubi exhaust) on my 360s. I got to drive it for the first time today with the top down and I have to say the sound is about right. "Lively" souning @ higher RPM, and no droning at HWY speed in 6th. I have always liked how quiet the 360s cockpit is while on the road....never needed to talk loudly to a passenger. New set up doesn't hinger that IMO. Car is running slightly cooler too. I'm pretty happy with it overall, but I am getting a PO422 code I had not gotten before.

5. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Lovely looking car and exhaust. I have to agree that with your setup it is going to make one hell of a noise.

6. EnergyTrader

EnergyTrader Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    Naples, Florida
    Good to know, thank you. Sounds like a similar set up. I can't wait to hear mine! I won't get her back for a couple of weeks yet. It is still nasty here in Michigan, so I may have to settle for listening to her in the garage. :(

7. EnergyTrader

EnergyTrader Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    Naples, Florida
    Thank you! I can't wait! :)

8. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    I have fabspeed headers with Capristo header blankets and a tubi without valves. Loving the music it makes.

9. jpk

jpk Formula Junior

You'll definitely need an ECU update otherwise the new headers without pre-cats and the lack of main cats will throw error codes on you.

10. EnergyTrader

EnergyTrader Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    Naples, Florida
    Thanks for the information!! much appreciated

11. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    I have Fabspeed headers with blankets and 02 extenders with factory cats and Tubi. Car is awake now but not overly loud and no CEL. If you do cats you will need to do ECUs to avoid CEL from what I understand.

I figured I would try this set up first. So far I like it and will probably not go any further but if I change my mind down the road ECUs and cats are easy to swap.

12. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    You need longer extenders. ;)

13. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando

I thought the ceramic coat was a replacement of the blankets, do you really think you need both to keep the temperature down?

14. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    On my 360 I had euro headers (no precat) Hyperflow cats and Tubi. Sounded wonderful, not too loud and no CEL.

15. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    I would imagine not, but I got the headers used/already coated from a Fchat member and the blankets were "demos" from Fabspeed.....so the whole set up cost me less than non-coated headers alone.

I've only done ~100 miles with the set up, but the lack of heat in the engine bay is substantially less than before the swap.