Alfa USA/Canada 2015/2016 A new beginning | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Alfa USA/Canada 2015/2016 A new beginning

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by F1tommy, Dec 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    It looks like the first regular 4C Giulia has come off the production line. Also Carabinieri versions planned......And the Q2 version.

"Moreover, yesterday the production start of the Giulia celebrated an authorized distributor (photo). The production has been around for a while and now is one going on about 60 pieces per day. Within weeks following Balocco a international press introduction of the luxury Italian sports sedan from the factory of Cassino. The gray copy on the picture went to an entrepreneur in the region. Other Giulia-news this week comes from the magazine Quattroruote, that message does a test version with the indication Q2 on the trunk (photo below). This would be intended for the us and comes under the four-wheel drive Q4 and the Quadrifoglio on the us price list. Until recently, there were rumors that FCA indications Q4 and Q2 to VAG wanted to sell, but the opposite is now the case. Even the designation Q2 is now openly used, while an important model of Audi also has to bear this name. A bitter aftertaste for the product managers in Ingolstadt"

https://www.autoedizione.nl/alfa-romeo-giulia-terug-carabinieri/

2. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    #352 NEP, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. mertini86

mertini86 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    Brussels / Istanbul
    Full Name:
    Mert Candarli
    FINALMENTE!

The local dealer here in Brussels, Belgium said that the first batch of Giulias are arriving in May (not customer ordered cars but directly dealer ordered cars!)

4. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    The importance of the Giulia QV, this comment is from a local BMW enthusiast....I hope the Giulia delivers:

"While in Detroit last week, I spotted a red Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio with Michigan plates. Car was under full acceleration, what a sound and beautiful machine. Did not have the cell phone handy for a picture.

Forget the Germans, lease the Alfa Romeo instead..."

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #355 F1tommy, Apr 23, 2016
    Prices for Europe..........

https://www.autoedizione.nl/officieel-debuut-alfa-romeo-giulia-is-aanstaande/

" On 10 may the price list Alfa Romeo will release the Alfa Romeo Giulia. In that week will also be the presentation of the most important model in decades take place in front of the national and international press. According to insiders, the Giulia 2.2 turbo diesel 150 HP Business from 37500 euros on the Italian market. The 2.2 turbo diesel with 180 HP and personalize Sport Pack costs 42000 euros on the peninsula. The 2.0 turbo petrol 200 HP with 8-speed automatic costs euro 37500. This is the basic version with the package name ' Giulia '. The richer equipment of this package is called ' Giulia Super '. The Quadrifoglio is there starting from 79000 euro. The Launch Edition of the Giulia with clover leaf Meanwhile comes just above the 90000 euro "
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    that's some huge price spread
    hope it works for alfa

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I have no doubt the very limited 6C Turbo version will eat into Ghibli Q4 sales and sell out as soon as they get them. The other versions we will have to wait and see.

And no they won't take over the world and put the Germans out of business, but another sporty sedan on the market not made in Japan or Germany will be nice to see.

8. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    It is, but not uncommon in Europe.

The BMW 3 series starts with a 316i (3 cyl. Mini engine) and 316d all the way up to the M3.

9. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    but m3 isnt almost $100k like alfa is.

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Without the Euro tax it should be less.

79,000 Euro = 88,685.32 dollars

I would expect the 6C turbo Giulia to be out the door in the N.A. at around $80,000.

Considering how exclusive it would be compared to the very common BMW's and Audi's I think a lot more people will want one compared to cars available :)

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i hope its a winner but sporty small euro sedans are such a tough market. bmw is very hard to beat in the segment. alfa is offering a few extra hp but gives up reliability, convenience, dealerships, etc. theyre both turbos, offer stick or dct, look same, etc

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Two points:

I have owned BMW's and Alfa's and post 1990 Alfa's are as reliable as a most BMW's. BMW's are not cheap to maintain. The dealers BMW have are 10 times better. It is a shame they do not sell these at the Ferrari/Maserati franchises.

That big Alfa Giulia grill will be visible from far away, so it will stand out and be rare. It does look like all the rest from the side, but so do the BMW's.

13. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    It is, base M3 price in for example Italy is €79.250, Giulia QV €79.000.

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ok but bmw is the long time champ. alfa the upstart should give a price break, at least at the start

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Time to kick some Bimmer azz!

16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    +1
    Bmw is only major car co ive never owned

17. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yep, but BMWs' aren't the drivers' cars they used to be. Assuming alfa does what it does best, building lively, fun to drive, engaging cars will start building a following. Bring in a Giulia wagon, a spider and an suv and they can build a following.

18. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Sergio is going to take Apple for a ride :)

https://www.autoedizione.nl/fca-gaat-zelfsturende-auto-bouwen-apple/

"Fiat Chrysler automobiles has reached an agreement with Apple on the development of self-managing car. The rumor did all the round, but today it was announced that there will follow an official announcement within weeks on an agreement already signed. It's not for nothing that Sergio Marchionne for months the idea of Apple heaven in praises in front of the press. Marchionne is a visionary and has more or less the same eccentric clothing style as the late Steve Jobs. In short, the Italian who grew up in Canada understands the innovative language of Apple like no other and is there as the kipppen at what this development. An important step in the future to continue to grow in the u.s. market, but also beyond. FCA will will care that the integration of technology at Apple in California is thought out."

19. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

That's huge.............

20. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #370 F1tommy, May 5, 2016
  21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #371 F1tommy, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Alfa Carabinieri press conference......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNT5orI2Yzc&feature=youtu.be

and M driving what he created, his god like Ego taking full credit :) And now with Apple money he can make even more Alfa's and Maserati's .... Oh, the secret is out :)

https://www.autoedizione.nl/marchionne-noemt-giulia-volwaardige-concurrent/

Sergio Marchionne explained yesterday on the impact of the Alfa Romeo Giulia must have for the Group and the market. It is an Italian top product that every competitor can measure and so also the Germans. Thus the CEO is something where one in Turin still not very long ago was able to develop. Now everything is back on and following more than one Italian premium car in short time with very high-quality technique. Concerning the latter, are the true gems said Marchionne created. The SUV Stelvio is already in the starting blocks and should be shown to the world already this fall from Paris and Los Angeles respectively. Beginning 2017 is the commercialization then operated from the second new Alfa Romeo in a row.

Premier Renzi mentions the arrival of the Giulia also a big step forward for the whole of Italy. Alfa Romeo is again the symbol for the progress, style and innovation. With in Modena developed technique, engines from Pratola Serra respectively and of course construction in Termoli and Cassino, is a big part of Italy already involved in the construction of this Giulia. Furthermore, it is clear there will soon be more which makes Mirafiori will play an increasingly important role but also Pomigliano d'Arco. Renzi also suggested the employees of Modena. This factory that has a somewhat uncertain future, certainly will not be closed and there will be no job losses, but there are rather a few. The return of Alfa Romeo, is in fact the return of the Italian car industry at the highest level. Alfa Romeo has according to the premier a great past but now also a rich future. Italy will pull himself together thanks to this brand global."

22. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    #372 NEP, May 9, 2016
  23. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
  24. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    " I was too. I run an M3 as my daily driver, have done over 11,000 miles in it now. I’ve bonded with it, forgiven its foibles, admire it tremendously, thoroughly enjoy living with it. And given a straight choice between it and the Giulia… I really don’t know. It’s that close. My practical side would say BMW because it’s a known quantity, but I reckon there’s a strong case for the Giulia being better to drive."

Review: Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, the 503bhp BMW M3 rival | Top Gear

Considering it's Alfa's first jab at the premium market in years, i'd say they did a great job.

Bravo Alfa, welcome back