612 f1. Drive problem | FerrariChat

612 f1. Drive problem

Discussion in '612/599' started by Melox2, Jul 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    Hi all,

I have a 612 with the fi gearbox that's been of the road for a while that won't go in to drive,
    When I open the door you can hear the pump start up and if I put the ignition on you can hear it clearly engage into R or 1 then N but when I start the engine up I cannot get any gears and no mechanical movement noise
    Any thoughts welcomed

Thanks

2. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    I'm not sure if my issue is similar but many times I put mine into reverse and it slips right out into neutral after I touch the accelerator pedal just once and then it won't go into any reverse or forward gear unless I restart the car

Is this the same issue? Anyone have a clue?

3. Sx12

Sx12 Rookie

Jun 2, 2016
    Marbella, Spain
    Full Name:
    Francisco Borja
    Hi guys! New here and not sure if i have to introduce myself in another section before but, with my apologies in advance if thats the case, and in order to help; i had the same / similar problems with my 612 '06 f1 gearbox driving me and dealer crazy running out of clues and finally found that it was due to transmission / gearbox fluid or oil that must be replaced in 612s max every 2 years, otherwise said fluid solidificate and its a mess to clean it and replace it. Not really expensive job but i could not did it myself as the access its not in the bonnet. Dealer solve it.
    Hope this helps even if post is a bit old by now.

Cheers!

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Francisco- You must be using the wrong type of F1 fluid or you would not have that problem. Recommended change interval is every three years, finally. Recommended fluid for 06 612s is Petronas (formerly Fiat) Tutela CS Speed, and that is the same thing I use in my 575M with similar F1 system.

Many problems with F1 are caused by owners not changing F1 fluid and bleeding the system regularly, especially since Ferrari did not recommend a change interval on any F1 model until the 599 came out. The CS Speed will not separate out like you are seeing from whatever was put into the system.

5. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    Mine was a bit simpler in the end ,it was a faulty bonnet switch making the car think it was open which is a safety feature of the car that stops it going into drive

6. Sx12

Sx12 Rookie

Jun 2, 2016
    Marbella, Spain
    Full Name:
    Francisco Borja
    Thanks for the info Taz! I will take this in consideration in order to verify what kind of fluid they added to my fast-lady last time. Unfortunately my dealer looks absolutely clueless. And its not the first time gives wrong or uncomplete information to clients, return damaged cars or uncomplete works. 😩😩😩

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mark- Lid switches and brake light switches are two gotchas that can be hard to diagnose for F1 Ferraris.