348 Series Speciale wheels... | FerrariChat

348 Series Speciale wheels...

Discussion in '348/355' started by patpong, Jun 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    I am considering buying a set of original 348 Series Speciale to put in my 348tb, 1991.
    I understand that the rear wheels of the Series Speciale wheels has built in spacers of 25 mm. I wonder if these wheels will work with standard 348 shock and spring set up so that the wider rear wheels will not touch wheels arch... Or Do 348 Series Speciale have stiffer spring rate and shocks...

2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    SS wheels will work perfectly.

Another alternative is to add spacers for your OE wheels. Almost certainly less expensive unless you don't have the originals or they are in bad shape. The Hill Engineering spacers are tremendous quality. Just make sure to get the version with the longer bolts instead of the version that uses the original bolts.

3. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    Thank you very much...
    My 348 come with 360 wheels from previous owner and what available from used market now happens to be these 348 SS wheels... and yes i need extra long bolts...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/348-355-sponsored-bradan/525474-i-like-348-more-than-355-a.html

4. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Glad to hear that you're taking it back to stock. :)

The Hill Engineering bolts are beautiful and I'm sure they're available in a length that will work for you.

Post pics when you get them mounted.