Thoughts on modded Speciale? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thoughts on modded Speciale?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by plastique999, Aug 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Have seen that white Speciale in person, it is very nice! If you like white and leather for the interior I would give it strong consideration. Yes it's near the top of the price scale for coupes but even lower specced Speciales are in the upper $300K range so for some the options may be worth a little extra....

Good luck!

2. Devine458

Devine458 Karting

Mar 20, 2013
    Thanks Bobby! Are you in the Atlanta area? I agree with your analysis above....I'm open to offers as well :)

3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Devine,
    Your car is immaculate and a superbly spec'd car.
    I actually called Ferrari Atlanta about your car, didn't know but is it on consignment?

Sent from my 16M

4. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

I agree, this seems to be the current market....MSRP + 40-50k.
    Ideally, I'd love a base model spec at $315-320k and buy it for 350-360.
    I actually have a friend who has one of this value, hinting at offers but don't know if he'll let the car go.

Sent from my 16M

5. MARANELLONATION

MARANELLONATION Karting

Nov 22, 2006
    North Andover Ma. 01845
    Full Name:
    Michael A. Ferrante
    Plastique

I have the car you want...I sent you a private email....maybe we can do a threesome with Devine 458....LOL !!!

6. Devine458

Devine458 Karting

Mar 20, 2013
    plastique999;144871230]Devine,
    Your car is immaculate and a superbly spec'd car.
    I actually called Ferrari Atlanta about your car, didn't know but is it on consignment?

Sent from my 16M

Thank you for the kind words my friend! Yup it is...I'll shoot you a PM

7. Devine458

Devine458 Karting

Mar 20, 2013
    MARANELLONATION;144871367]Plastique

I have the car you want...I sent you a private email....maybe we can do a threesome with Devine 458....LOL !!!

HAHA Lets do it! ... Better be careful how we word things people may get the wrong idea LOL

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Wow the ménage trois would be serious real quick. Though you experienced guys will have to break me in easy into the Speciale.
    Thanks for the messages.

On a side note, I am in Monterey and when parking my car in the garage, I see 2 white Speciales....this has got to be a sign.
    View attachment 2280259
    View attachment 2280260
    View attachment 2280261

Sent from my 16M

9. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    I have been looking for something similar for a year. Lowest spec i saw was 345k

10. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I guess nobody really can say where Speciale prices will go over the long term, but it's such a special Ferrari (probably last NA engine) and such an exciting driving experience (hair on the back of your neck stands up a lot) that it doesn't really matter to me because it's a keeper. You'll see for yourself when you find yours :)

BTW, I know there's a lot of discussion about exhaust sound in other threads, but I want to mention that I personally was not satisfied with the sound of my Speciale. It was okay, but not nearly as good as my Stradales. There are lots of solutions. If you haven't already read this thread, then take a look. I got a lot of insights from what Chrixxx posted. I ended up replacing my OEM cats with Capristo 200 cell cats, and it made a big difference.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/458-italia-488/465931-speciale-sound-crisis-7.html

11. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    100% agree, I am in the market, lots to be had, but way over priced, will following similar curve to CS and Scud - I would expect sticker or below in 12 months or so

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Sticker or below sticker would be nice, but feels 2-3 years from now if ever...

13. DPGT

DPGT Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Frank
    2-3 years of ear to ear grins and basically giggling a$$ fun is well worth the premium.

As Melvoc says YOLO and I'll add you never know when your health will lock you out of being able. Live now, live free, have fun in the moment. You may never get another chance especially if you can and have found what floats your boat!

Best,
    F

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    There is a gray one (no stripe) for sale asking $420 ....unique color for Ferrari. I called the dealership and they don't seem to be willing to move on price.

Sent from my 16M

15. icoburn

icoburn Karting

Jun 14, 2012
    Franklin, TN
    Full Name:
    Ian Coburn
    This is the best looking Speciale on the market IMHO and if Atlanta Protective Films did the paint protection, its arguably one of the the best PPF applications in the country

16. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Congrats, Devine. New owner got a beautiful car. FofA sells some of the best spec'd examples in the country.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That is the right attitude to take. Forget about the money and enjoy your car. For the record though, the last NA V8 introduced (to date) was the Aperta. And if I remember correctly the V8 line was producing Italias, Specials and Apertas at the same time. So the last really produced could be any. Sadly, I predict the Special will drop rather quickly once we start seeing it move just like all non-LEs. Doesn't matter to those that really wanted the car in the first place.

18. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #43 freshmeat, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    I counted 13 Speciales of various colors on Saturday alone and I was only around the carmel valley / casa ferrari...I have to agree w an earlier post, to wait and find the right one at the right price, there will be many to be had and perhaps the prices will be more favorable in light of supply.

Here's a 360º pic at Casa Ferrari, there were 3 Apertas out while we were outside admiring all the red ;)
    https://theta360.com/s/dxavFo3RZGE5eiigjfpFVgMVc

That GTO though...mmmmm

That modded one in your original post is a local bay area car. It was pretty much never driven, just stored at GTAutoconcepts in Redwood City for better part of the past year. I once left a note "drive me" in the layers of dust that had piled up on the car...so you will literally be buying a "barn find" on a 2-yr old car ;)

19. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam

That white Speciale at Ferrari Scottsdale was beautiful!

They do have a red one as well. 2015 Used Ferrari 458 Speciale at Penske Automall, AZ, IID 15133341

20. Devine458

Devine458 Karting

Mar 20, 2013
    Thank you Ian...I actually saw both your Speciale and F12 at FOA and WOW!! ..They both are magnificent!! Love the Rosso Coburn Speciale!

21. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Devine please keep your Spec it is too special to sell in that colour you won't ever get another one like it.

22. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir

I think he did (keep it).

23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Cool pic! That from iPhone?

Missed you up there. I was at Casa Ferrari Sat afternoon after Concorso Italiano. At the time I was the only Lambo that drove in in my LP640....a little weird driving a Lambo to Casa Ferrari.

Yes many Apertas and Speciales there....also admired the new Lusso.

I agree waiting is the smart move and I can be more patient this time around. It's interesting what articles have come out in regards to the market softening from the perspectives after Monterey auctions.

But Devine, your car was to die for....congrats on the sale and someone got very lucky with your car.

Sent from my 16M

24. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    It's a 360° Theta S camera, it also does 1080p 360° video but I haven't quite figured out how to share the videos where they don't look like Picasso paintings :D it's the thickness of an iPhone but only 1/4 the height, slips right into your pocket.

I was also at concorso! Then went back to casa again ;)
    https://theta360.com/s/gnIpbkUKcvpJiUXRRD5NXyNKy