Need ideas on an offset for a Tremec | FerrariChat

Need ideas on an offset for a Tremec

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 11506apollo, Sep 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    #1 11506apollo, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi. The pic below is from a newly installed Tremec 600 5 spd and the attached shifter.
    The car is a 70 Charger 500. The shifter ,as installed at the moment ,is not lining up with the centerline of the console, so I really want to move that attachment point to the left 1 inch and maybe even further back 1 inch. I am looking for ideas from you gearheads out there, please. machining a simple block and drilling/tapping to reach what I want is one idea, or a shifter that has a bend to the left, is another. I have seen some offset pieces on ebay, made for Mustangs etc, but I am not sure if they would fit and achieve the objective. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. thanks again.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I put a TKO 600 in my '67 GTO and used an offset shifter from Keisler Engineering. But I think they are now defunct... I think American Powertrain might offer a similar unit if they are still around.

3. I'm guessing you have a pistol grip shifter? I remember the factory shifter in a 69 GTX, shaped like a dog's leg because of the console. I would go the plate route if you really want to move it back. Simple to make, and better than trying to bend the shift rod, which might pop the chrome off in spots.

4. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges