Fountain Hills Automotive Detailing | FerrariChat

Fountain Hills Automotive Detailing

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Ferrari Monkey, Aug 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari Monkey

Ferrari Monkey Karting

Sep 29, 2014
    Has anyone had any experience with this detail shop out in Fountain Hills; it is located almost next door to FMS? I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything about this. They also don't have a website, so nothing to look at. Any positive or negative experiences would be appreciated. Going to take my car to FMS next month and would like to have it detailed after I have it serviced. Thank you in advance.

2. jrcdds

jrcdds Rookie

Nov 16, 2014
    Have not used them but have used FMS and I would HIGHLY recommend Rolling Art. Talk to Mike or Jay at Rolling Art Motorsports by the airpark, they can corridinate getting your car from Andy when he is done. Rolling Art is one of the places (the other Robbie is protective film solutions) that recommended Andy and FMS to me.

I can't tell you how great both Rolling Art and Protective Film Solutions have been and I don't say that about many places

3. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    This was a while ago but I arranged to have my 1995 348 Spider detailed at FH Automotive Detailing back in May of 2013 right after Andy completed an engine out major service.
    They did a nice job on both the paint and the interior but nothing spectacular. I trust my car to Marcus at PitStop Auto Detail in the Airpark as its very close to my home and they offer a home service via there fleet of trucks. If i want my car spotless on pick-up from Andy's shop I will certainly use FHAD again.

4. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    I have used that shop in Fountain Hills. Patrick does a good for a very fair price. IMO, if you are looking for a show car, concours detail job that eliminates every single imperfection, then you may want look elsewhere. But for me, Patrick does a really good semi-annual detail for a really good price. He will even do a simple car wash as good or better than you can do for like $25. Complete wipe down using micro fiber cloths, vacuum, leather protector, etc.

I recommend him.

Steve

5. Ferrari Monkey

Ferrari Monkey Karting

Sep 29, 2014
    So, my understanding is that FHAD does a good job, but nothing spectacular. But if I want everything done (service at FMS and cleaning) and me just picking it up, then FHAD does a decent job. If I want a superior detail job, then go to PitStop or Rolling Art. I am having my car shipped in from west Texas, and would like to have service and detail done so that I can just pick it up when I arrive, pay for it, and drive it around while I am in Scottsdale, and not waste time waiting for a car. I can call PitStop and Rolling Art and see what they charge and if they can pick it up and detail it for me before I get there.

Thank you everyone for your help.

6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Rolling Art is absolutely fantastic. I can't say enough nice things about them. They have done an excellent job on my cars for years. Not the cheapest but they are the best. At the end of the day they are actually good value. They have great communication, great service, do what they say and their product is excellent.

7. bill59

bill59 Karting

Oct 26, 2010
    bean town
    Full Name:
    bill h
    I can't comment on Rolling Art but Pit Stop is super. The fellow next to Andy is not at that level but he will treat you right also. And Andy has espresso!

8. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I have had good dealings with Pat at Fountain Hills Detailing. I've never had anything to complain about and his prices don't give me a bad taste.

Robb

9. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I have used Pit Stop for all my cars, FCars and daily drivers, and they have always been great to work with and I have always been very happy and always willing to accommodate my schedule. I have no experience with anyone else mentioned but I saw people mention Pit Stop and I just wanted to give my experience. Good luck

10. dakar

dakar Rookie

May 25, 2006
    Marcus at Pit Stop does awesome work and accommodates ones schedule. He looks after all my cars and I also utilize his on site storage facilities.

11. Ferrari Monkey

Ferrari Monkey Karting

Sep 29, 2014
    Thanks for all of the information, really clears things up. One more question, if I have my service done at Scottsdale Ferrari instead of FMS, Scottsdale Ferrari said that they would detail the car for about $250 after the service work, and the guy sounded like it was going to be an exceptional job, etc. Anyone have their Ferrari detailed there? Good, bad, so/so? Is it comparable to FHD, better/worse?

I would really like my service done at FMS, but I am having a lot of problems getting a reply from them. And since I have to ship my car there, I don't want any issues, as I can't just drive it there. I have spoken with them before, and they were really personable. But now, 2 weeks out to having my car shipped, I call, leave a message, no call back, etc. last week, and this week. Lack of communication bothers me a bit. If this continues, I may have to ship my car to Scottsdale Ferrari for peace of mind.

12. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    Keep trying. I know Andy at FMS and they have been busy this last week. Andy is honest as the day is long.

Steve

13. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    I have used Andy for the last 4 years. He's busy all the time but if you build a relationship with him he is great to work with. Btw, my buddy has a 348 Spider and had a really tough time getting into see Alex's shop and FMS so ended up at Scottsdale Ferrari. He said it was a great experience. Most indy Ferrari shops in the Phoenix area are great and very knowledgable of the older and more vintage models. The dealer might take longer to do the job but the perks at our dealer are pretty sweet so I'm told.

14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Spent a lot of $$ at pit stop for full paint correction, ceramic coating and full nose and rocker clear bra on my F430. Still working thru some issues that I hope to get resolved by the end of the month. I will post in full detail my experience when completed.

15. Ferrari Monkey

Ferrari Monkey Karting

Sep 29, 2014
    As an update, had my car detailed at FHD, and almost didn't recognize it. Pat did a great job - I was super happy. It looked so sexy :) I can't imaging what kind of work Pit Stop and Rolling Art do if you guys say that they are better than FHD.

16. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
  17. Carnab

Carnab Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Very good shop.....Many in FCA have cars done there.....Good guy and next to Andy's shop.

18. Ferrari Monkey

Ferrari Monkey Karting

Sep 29, 2014
    #18 Ferrari Monkey, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    I have used them... I am surprised Pat is making any money with his discount prices and awesome work. I have him wash and wax my car when its done at FMS.

He is only going to be there for a few more months... He is moving to Washington (I think).