2016 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 71 | FerrariChat

2016 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Dec 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Loved that last lap of qualifying by Nicole. Must surely have made Elton take notice. As the broadcast I watch has British commentators, their reaction was most satisfying :).

Start and first corner will be interesting ... if Nicole jumps Elton then the whole race might be of interest.
    Pete

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    LOL

:p

3. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #1753 Aircon, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Another super boring race till the last few laps.

Vettel calling out Charlie was the best. :D

5. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Max given a 5 second penalty, so Vettel 3rd and Daniel 4th.

6. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Correct. He was right to do so, but the right result in the end.

I must say I am rapidly cooling to Max's antics. He's beginning to show his age, and generation.

7. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon

And with that comment, so are you!

;)

8. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'll take that as a compliment. ;)

9. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  10. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    And yet another update...

Vettel given 10 second penalty so now fifth.

Seriously, Formula 1 is now officially a joke. No point at all watching the race. Might as well look on the internet 10 hours later to see who won.

And, of course, in all the carnage, only one driver escaped any penalty at all.....

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Normally I would side with Ricciardo, but not this time. Vettel did nothing wrong. Ricciardo never got in front of Vettel and Vettel did not do multiple moves. I do not understand Vettel being penalised.

Why Elton was not given a "slow down and let the pack catch up" message I do not understand ??? Gained massively from a huge mistake in the first corner resulting very much in cheating by short cutting ...
    Pete

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Vettel moved under braking...apparently that's not allowed, unless you're max :)....but that's what was clarified before the US GP.

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hmmm, he was always going towards the apex of the corner. I didn't see him alter his line.

Tough call IMO
    Pete

14. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    #1764 IanB, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    In a corner, once another car gets overlap (e.g. front wheels alongside your rears) you must give them racing room. To turn in, regardless of that being the line for the corner, is to cause a collision.

I should clarify that the only exception is if the inside car has dived (deliberately carried too much speed) to get overlap, in which case any collision is his fault.

15. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Thanks for the clarification Skipper. ;)

16. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Man, I woke up early this morning to watch the race and left for work late so I could watch it till the end.

And I am glad I did, very exciting stuff.

Maxy boy..........well. Yes. :rolleyes:

I didn't see Vettel's move against Ricciardo as a problem, but I reckon because Max was robbed of 3rd place Red Bull HAD to have a sook about something, so they pointed that out to race control and because Vettel told Charlie to FO at the end of the race, I think Charlie made an example out of him. :(

17. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Max was "robbed" of third place?!?!

What planet are you on? He should have received a much bigger penalty than he did.

Frankly he's beginning to look like the next Hamilton (untouchable and allowed to do anything because the powers that be love him and it's all about the money).

The penalty for Vettel was an utter disgrace to the sport, and simply payback for telling Charlie the truth: he's a ****ing useless old goose who should have been put out to pasture years ago.

18. Schmick325

Schmick325 Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Bris east
    I think Vettels' punishment has a lot to do with the way he carried on over the radio.

Lucky he didn't get a huge fine.

19. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Have you been drinking like Carl tonight have you? :p

Obviously RBR thought Max was robbed of 3rd place, so they came up with the idea to have a sook about Vettel doing what he did to Ricciardo.

**** Max, I reckon he should have been told to hand that place striaght over to Vettel and then Max and Ricciardo could have scrapped it out for 4th and 5th

Vettel should have had 3rd place and this would have all been avoided.

I can understand why they let Lewis cut a corner at the start of the race, did they know 100% Nico would have taken 1st place around that corner defending Max on the inside?

I don't think so and I think they made the right call there. *or no call* :D

+1

If he kept his calm, he might have been given that place during the race.

Running his mouth didn't do him any favours today I think.

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    He should have been made to back off and let the pack catch up. Would have been a much more exciting race with Nico seriously breathing down his neck. Nico showed all race long he had the pace if he wanted it ...

The *no call* was made to prolong the WDC battle ... F1 is now the WWE of motorsport :(
    Pete

21. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Nico did have good pace, but he doesn't have to do anything exciting from here on in.

He just needs to coast through the next 2x races and he is a WDC.

I almost kinda hope nothing happens to him where he crashes out *via someone crashing into him* in the next or last race and gifts the WDC to Hamilton.

That would suck.

22. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    engine failure would be his biggest risk, although he does seem to have done well after the engineering team swap with Lewis.

I though it was interesting when Lewis said to the Sky commentators after the race that he had "plenty of speed in reserve" and was only managing the gap. Seems to me the Merc advantage over rivals is carefully stage managed.

23. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    unacceptable behaviour for any sports star, just think what he's paid and yet how much damage he did to sponsors' brand by those outbursts. I hope Ferrari dock his payments.

Meanwhile, Max is pushing the limits of driving behaviour - he needs to be told to tone it down. Daniel has got to 3rd in the WDC without playing the "wait and block" game.

The only good thing is that Max has worked out and regularly demonstrates the massive flaw in the DRS idea - that a following car signals its intentions from a long way back and loses momentum when blocked at the last minute. You can avoid running into him by brake and swerve, but that's the end of any overtake. Aryton would just ram him up the backside and take them both out, then Max would soon stop doing it.

24. Nintendo64

Nintendo64 Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2016
    For sure Benz has plenty in reserve if the need it, they can easily really run everybody else into the ground if they desire, like McLaren did during 88'.

For the last race, if the Championship is already won by Keke Jnr., they should go max attack open slather and show the real true form and speed they have in this old retiring car, last chance.