Ferrari sponsored PiazzaGT noise notice to quit | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari sponsored PiazzaGT noise notice to quit

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by dfranzen, Aug 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Wow what a turnout !

F40/ F12 TDF/ F488/ Enzo and more Speciale's than I can count on one hand!

The 9/11 Firetruck

I believe there were well over 50 other Ferrari's there too!

Plus all the other cars , I hope someone will post pics , my iphone pics dont do justice!

Thanks to all!

2. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Even with all of the warnings, signs up and everything else asking the participants to limit their noise, there still was a ****** in a white Lambo that insisted on revving his engine repeatedly, trying to sneak in the back entrance and generally acting like the rules didn't apply to him.

3. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    TDF looks great !

Huh?

Not complaining. Offering solutions to the stated problem. Maybe you're not cool?

This event is good for the venue, barely ... they're about the cancel it if the noise persists. And they did it at the only time they could. We don't have to be kissing behinds to be grateful to them for fitting it in when they have nothing going on, to upgrade their image.

Many people want a brunch event not a crack of dawn event. That's not critical of this event. Jes-us.

4. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    OK. I'm "not cool". Good one. Feel better?

And no one is "kissing behinds". Someone provides a gorgeous venue to get together and supplies snacks. They only ask to respect others and keep the noise down. Very simple and seems reasonable to me and for everybody else who was there... except for a white Lamborghini . Just like a party, respect the host and have a good time.

You however, despite no one asking for them, "suggest" to trim the guest list, change the time, and the venue. Is there anything that you do like about it? Did you even attend?

How about organizing your own event? On your schedule, at your location, with your guests and "upgrade your image"? Maybe then you'll see how "not cool" it is to hear unsolicited suggestions - from people who don't actually do anything - about how how you should do things.

5. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #31 360Tom, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was a really nice turn out this week. With the exception of the obnoxious white Lambo, who couldn't drive his car or just was a total tool. Even with the warnings, there are still a few tools who have to rev their motors or whine the crap out of the gears leaving the event. Obviously their parents didn't give them enough attention when they were children.

Here are a couple of pics.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I got there late but as my friend and I entered, a white Lambo SV was exiting. An hour later when we left, the car was wrecked on Agoura Road. It look like he lost control and jumped the median. Lots of rescue vehicles and a sheriff on scene. Looked pretty scary and definitely won't help keep this show around. :(

7. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Dude ... I have been there many times and have been in contact with the friendly dealer locally who hosts it, and discussed the problems that were addressed in the FIRST POST. It was almost cancelled before the white lambo, you are way behind the curve and throwing shade?

Chill out.

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  9. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al

Very prescient, "Nostradamus"

Sent by itsy bitsy electrons

10. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Jesus.

Or taste

Or common courtesy

He needs an SUV for that dog with Auto.

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Or help with a unibrow

Or a good sense of style

Or self confidence

Or DRIVING SKILLS

Or.......................

:D

12. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    The event went on quite successfully on 9/11/16 thanks to better judgement on the part of almost all attendees. Thanks to the Sheriffs and to the drivers. It is really not necessary to make high rpm runs as you leave any car event. Save them for the lonely canyons and racetracks

13. ph12

ph12 Karting

Jun 28, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Anyone headed out to piazza gt this sunday?

14. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yes sir.

15. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Yeah I'll be there

16. Toonfosi

Toonfosi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2014
    Valley Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Chad Woods
  17. skyhigh

skyhigh Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    SoCal
    Looks like they will be looking for a new location. From their Instagram page:

"Dear guys & gals of the #PiazzaGT community.. It is with a heavy heart we share that we are officially looking for a new place to host our beloved car meet, as of a few hours ago, this time without second chances given. 😐
    Huge thank you to @thestonehaus, @westlakevillageinn, and the rest of the local community who have welcomed us for over a year now while serving delicious pastries & coffee in the beautiful setting that we all loved. .
    We will be looking at alternative venues & vendors starting this weekend and hoping to secure another great set up by Nov 13th. No promises on the date though, but we will keep this page updated as we narrow down the search. If you have suggestions on how we can make the meet even better, please send them our way. Hope you all have a great weekend and we see you (and your well-behaved cars) very soon!"

18. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    What a shame.....that was a great venue!

19. Boosted2k

Boosted2k Rookie

Oct 31, 2016
    How do I get in contact with them? I may be able to host this at our 30,000sq/ft warehouse and we can even park inside :)

20. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It really was a nice event at a nice location. I saw it more from a cycling point of view but it drew a great collection of cars. I noticed a huge amount of revving engines, speeding out and into the location and a pretty nasty accident a few weeks ago. I think that the location really made the event. It's going to be hard to find a location with coffee, food and restrooms but not impossible. Hopefully someone has some good suggestions to keep the show going in the same general area.

21. skyhigh

skyhigh Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    SoCal
  22. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Where is the park ?

23. skyhigh