What's the longest trip you've done in the 360? | FerrariChat

What's the longest trip you've done in the 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by BladeMD, Nov 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    I'm strongly considering an Audi R8 v10 to add to the stable for the winter. From what I've read on Audi forums, the R8 is a great long distance driver for the winter and the summer.

Just curious regarding the 360.... how have some long term owners used it for long trips. (summer or otherwise).

What's the longest trips would've done and in what types of geography?

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

longest 3000 km = 2000 miles roughly, with 1 stop at a hotel.

3. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    460 miles.... all highway four-lane and two-lane.... one stop for go-go juice.

4. DougDish

DougDish Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    4-1/2 Hours with one stop for a bio break.
    Will sometimes use an umbrella to push on accelerator just to stretch my legs. (wish it had cruise control)

A/C and heat work well so no issues with cabin temp.
    Seats are comfortable for long ride if I place a sweatshirt behind my back to increase lumbar support.

Engine noise becomes a bit much but turning up the radio volume helps.
    There is plenty of storage room in the frunk and behind the seats.

Overall, good but not great for long trips.

5. honda.vfr

honda.vfr Karting

Jun 22, 2012
    Ostrava, CZ (EU)
    Full Name:
    Milan Pukl
    Ostrava - Paris - London and back... 1600 km one way. Mostly highways. Great trip at all ;)

6. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    About 1400km over two days. Drove from Geneva to Davos (300 km), stayed overnight, met other Ferrari owners for a drive through Italy, up Stelvio Pass, and then home (just over a thousand KM's in that single day, maybe up to 16 hours of driving).

7. suecom

suecom Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Allister
    Took my son back to school (in the UK) in my Swiss 2001 360F1 - ~1000km. Tried using it as an everyday car while in London. A lady on the same street as our London flat uses her F430 as such!

Found it a bit impractical. Getting in and out (ouch), doors not clearing high kerbs when parallel parked - the norm in town, constant terror of it getting scratched while parked on the street, always forgetting to open the boot/petrol cap before getting out (meaning having to get back in!), embarrassment turning up at meetings in it (always involves a conversation), etc. Relief to use a regular car in the end.

Drove it back home (Switzerland) - ~1000km. Not as tiring as a Defender or G-Wagon, but hardly relaxing (could use cruise control). Amazed I still have my licence :)

8. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    A good few years ago now I did a mammoth 3 week driving holiday/adventure from UK into France and then over to Southern Spain (staying in lots of locations like Valencia and Barcelona) with my then girlfriend (now wife) via the backbone of France, from Southern Spain over to Southern France. Did the Nice (Cote D'Azur) region and then into Monaco, from Monaco over to Tuscany and a trip to the Ferrari Factory and then back home. We covered around 4,000 miles in 3 weeks staying at 5* hotels along the route eating in all the best Michelin starred restaurants as we travelled. Car behaved well except for one self inflicted over filling/oil topping up incident which forced us to stop and wait until next day to get some oil removed (after temps sored in traffic causing the oil to expand and come out!).

Its a trip I'll never forgot and the 360 was central to the whole thing, an epic drive!

Interestingly we did this trip using 360 Challenge fixed back carbon seats which I found where significantly more comfortable and supportive for long distances than the factory reclining seats or the stock leather arm chairs (which I never found comfortable!). All we did was fit some memory foam to the seats which contoured to our shape and we where good to go.

So yes you really can do long distances but the places you stop at must be worthy of a supercar or you'll worry about where you leave it (unlike the R8 which is just an Audi so doesn't stir up same envy as a red Ferrari)...

-T

9. elt360

elt360 Karting

Mar 27, 2013
    uk
    Full Name:
    paul elton
    3060 miles in my 360. dunstable england to the factory and back in september do it in a ferrari you can park in all the museum car parks and the italians will love you

10. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Three hours non-stop to the Virginia wine country. A mix of mostly highway and backroad driving. Fun and exciting, but the third hour got a bit long. Have not (and probably won't) do that again. That's what the 456 will be for....

11. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    1000 miles over a three day weekend rally. Mixture of freeway and two lane roads. Comfortable and fast. Only drawback is no cruise control for freeway segments that are mostly straight with heavy speed limit enforcement. Agree with others there is plenty of room, and HVAC is fine.

12. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Once I went around the island twice! 160 miles or so IIRC!

13. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    4 hours to Julie I's house; 260 miles.

14. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Interesting to see most of the high mileage trips from European members. I always enjoyed how they put more miles on them there and not worry about the whole garage queen thing.

15. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've done many drives of four hours or more, with the longest being about 10 hours with only short breaks for restroom/food. In regular mode (non-sport) the car is remarkably comfortable and capable as a GT cruiser on the highways. My stock seats are comfortable and no issues whatsoever for me. I also have stock exhaust so highway cruising isn't that loud.

The difference in sport/normal is really significant over long journeys. I go back and forth depending on the situation, and when I leave it in sport for an hour on the highway it starts to give me a headache, but in regular can go all day with no issue.

16. jtucker

jtucker Rookie

May 16, 2011
    Each year for five years I drove my 2004 360 6-speed from Dallas, TX to Vail, CO and back. It's a 2,000 round trip and the car loved it!

17. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #17 shad99, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Several long trips for us: spring training in Phoenix, trips to Santa Barbara and various spots up the coast. Longest was this summer to Yosemite, then up to Oregon, then back home via the Pacific Coast Highway. Total 2400 miles. Some great driving in the park BTW, and the roads were in good shape. The drive south on the PCH is fantastic and the much better than north, IMO.

Everybody's built different, but at 6'4" and 240 pounds and long- waisted the car is super comfortable for me. After a couple of trips, we bought a set of Piel leather luggage which fits in the car like custom. Bottom line, wife and I absolutely love the 360 as a GT car. Many more trips coming.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. mgv1

mgv1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Mark V
    #18 mgv1, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Very fun to read about all your long distance adventures.

Only about 500km for me with the Challenge Stradale I had. It was a great drive on a combination of highway and back roads.

I don't currently have an F car but I will certainly attempt to drive the next one a lot further, they are great long distance driving cars.

20. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Love that pic. Where is that?

Scott

21. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner