'Official' F12M Rumours and Launch | Page 86 | FerrariChat

'Official' F12M Rumours and Launch

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Traveller, Oct 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Two - one very orthodox and one cool and different

2. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    You will be glad to hear then that the TDF wheels will be an option available for the M as offered to me when I was speccing my M at my Atelier session.

3. Honken

Honken Karting

Mar 24, 2014
    Gothenburg
    Full Name:
    Henrik
    Did anyone recognized the ride height of the M compared to the B? The B have to much gap between the arc and tire IMO.

4. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    The ride height of the F12 was perfect for normal day driving. The gap between the wheel arches has to do with decreasing pressure in the wheel wells. It's not a result of too high a ride height.

5. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Those are the wheels that ended up on the FJ50.

Attached Files:

6. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Great news! Thanks again Carlo.

7. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    That is great news as the TDF wheels are sporty and classy at the same time.

8. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    Love the diamond finish on the tdf rims. Time will tell if they fit the part on the F12M though

9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Oh yeah. Good call. Forgot about that. I think the wheels are a cool design.

10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thanks !

11. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks for that insight - I'm salivating even more now ....

12. Honken

Honken Karting

Mar 24, 2014
    Gothenburg
    Full Name:
    Henrik
    #2137 Honken, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Did a lookup on some interesting domains owned by Ferrari...
    f12berlinetta.com
    f12daytona.com
    f12monza.com
    f14maranello.com
    f14scuderia.com

13. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    WOW - you are one clever cat :)

so maybe Daytona or Monza !!!

F12M = F12 Monza ?

14. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Where did you find those domains? And if F152M isn't called F12? Very nice found!

15. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    First mentioned in this thread way back in October post # 7 !

16. tikitiki

tikitiki Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2014
    Windermere, Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom
  17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Apologies to anyone I forgot to mention, I was just going off the more recent posts. And thank you to ingenere for your excellent contributions and to Traveller for starting the conversation.

FWIW, I think Daytona would be a great name but I have a feeling it won't be what they go with.

Yes and no. If we were talking about the next generation car from someone like BMW or Mercedes, I would worry a bit more. Even maybe with Porsche. But electric steering has been around for a little while now, and Porsche have shown they can improve it over time.

Sorry to sound a little bit like an advertisement, but time and time again, at least in the past 10+ years, Ferrari has shown us they are so attuned to the things that we Ferrarista really prize in a street sports car- I am not worried. I don't know, but I have such a strong belief that I think I know, they will get it right. And I can tell you the F12B is truly incredible, but I wouldn't say it has the most feel-some steering I've ever experienced. And yet while driving the car, I never for one second wish for more steering feel. So I think if they can keep steering feel at F12B levels, there will be no complaints. Ferrari is really the master of integrating all these systems- so much better than anyone else. And every generation they keep adding more things to integrate (like SSC and now the rear steer).

I know! I love it! I think the anticipation is a lot of the fun! I limit bombarding my beloved with details because it would be too much for her. Cars are not quite her thing, but she loves that I am so passionate about it. And I am supportive of her passions!

I agree aesthetically many of our favorite cars from Maranello seem to sit a little too high but they have their reasons. You can always gently lower the car on the stock suspension or if you want to go further there are other choices. It comes down to how you will use the car and personal taste. I've done it both ways (modified and kept bone stock) and for me its just a question of what Im going for.

Geneva is scheduled to open March 1... so thats like 2.5 weeks left... :)

18. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I'm sure too they won't compromise. But you are right, from test driving the F12 and also driving my FF if you think about it, there isn't actually much steering feel but you never feel it lacks anything and it still inspires great confidence. That is coming from someone who has always been obsessed with feeling the road in my hands in cars like the Lancia Delta Integrale.

Anyway, I have just booked my flight to Geneva on 10th March. Can't wait to see what sounds like an amazing evolution of the F12b.

19. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    It's an amazing car! Less aggressive vs TDF, but aggressive, elegant and modern! The interior is updated as well. I can't wait!!

Can't agree more, Ferrari did it right. Got to talk to everyone 1:1, what aspects they enjoyed the most which they wished could have kept etc

Amazing.

20. Honken

Honken Karting

Mar 24, 2014
    Gothenburg
    Full Name:
    Henrik
    I will be at the Geneva Motor Show for business purposes on the 9:th , first public day.

21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #2146 MDEL, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm quite curious how the rear of the F12M will look like but according to the drawing and information already released has two pairs of lights and the Kammtail of the F12 was removed. That Kammtail has been a source of inspiration for some artists and now they'll have to rediscover something new to joke about otherwise they will be unemployed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. JasonSpidey

JasonSpidey Karting

Nov 8, 2010
    "f12daytona.com" and "f12monza.com" both redirect you to the Ferrari home page as of today. The other two go to your browser's "Sorry, can't find this page."

So I'm guessing it'll be called either Daytona or Monza. Ferrari is probably trying to decide right now...

23. N5YGE

N5YGE Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks to everyone for such a great insight into the new car who've seen it. I'm looking forward to seeing the car at Geneva on the 14th! Happy I put my deposit/order down last Month.

24. rumble

rumble Rookie

Mar 14, 2015
    UK
    That's an excellent spot Jason.

Bearing in mind its already the 10th of February, I suspect they have had a name agreed for some time (they will have had to design the literature and graphics for Geneva after all). My guess is that slip ups on previous model names has prompted them to register two web domains to keep us guessing.

Or am I overthinking it... quite possibly! Exciting times nonetheless.

25. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig

I'll guess the name F12 will definitely not be part of the name - Ferrari has no real pattern. They're totally all over the place with the V12s as far as names go. 599 became F12. FF became GTC4 Lusso etc. So don't hold your breath. You're pretty much guaranteed to be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk