Hummer H2? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hummer H2?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Perfusion, Dec 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    What do you call real offroading?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWdlKYvIL-Y
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBokk0M1yN8

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    It's about image.
    Women don't wear high heels because they are comfy.

3. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
  4. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    I owned an H1 for 11 years and had my fair share of experience with the H2. It's a good daily vehicle with capabilities. I think it would have had a better public perception if it was badged as a Tahoe LTZ (or some other offroad name.) I'm a bigger fan of the SUT than the SUV. The H3T is my favorite of the 2/3 trucks.

The H2 does quite well off road with a decent driver. During its era, the only thing it couldn't keep up with was an H1.

5. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    #30 Roth, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I owned an H2 SUT for about 3 years. On the plus, the 6.0 v8 engine was surprisingly smooth and trouble free. The ride was less bouncy compares to my Range Rover. The minus, the power output. At 350 horses and bearly 11mpg, the 6000 pounds beast struggled to merge into freeeway speed even when not towing. Conclusion, an H2 can never be a daily driver or a tow vehicle given there are many option available. A weekend mud wrangle yes it can!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    You could probably do better without the wagon wheels on it. Mine had no problem merging onto freeways, and the MPG was closer to 15.

7. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Agreed. I had an H2 SUT for a daily driver for a few years. It was comfortable, quite capable off-road and I averaged 12.5 MPG and that's with 37" tires on the OEM wheels. Mine proved VERY reliable and enjoyable to drive. I've owned a bunch of different trucks over the years, the H2 SUT is the one I remember fondly and wish I hadn't sold.

FWIW, I've always been a die hard Land Cruiser fanatic and formed all my opinions about the H2 from journalists views or non-owner "experts" opinions. Seeing a few in action at a Land Cruiser wheeling get together changed my view completely. Had to have one at that point and ownership proved wrong every misconception I'd developed about them.

8. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Yes, those wheels effectively change the gearing of the vehicle for the worse.

Very poor acceleration and fuel mileage as a result.

And it looks stoopid. :) :)

H2 is just a Suburban/Tahoe in drag. :) :)

9. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    I had a Gibson muffler, volant cold air intake and an aftermarket mass air flow sensor. I got the same mpg with the stock wheels. The highest was 10.7 mpg. Are you guys getting those mpg driving or pushing it. I'm thinking the latter. LoL

Anyhow I still have the spare tire and the rack for the SUT if anyone interested PM me.