2006 Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Red/Tan - New Clutch and F1 Pump | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2006 Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Red/Tan - New Clutch and F1 Pump

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Cscat87, Dec 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike

mike Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Zaiku, needs to be booted..

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  3. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    A long time ago I bought an 05' F430 from a ferrari dealer in NJ. I drove the car back home (65 miles) the same day I purchased it without any problems or issues. The next day I got a CEL. Did I blame the dealer? No way!!! It's a car, a machine. Things can happen. Luckily, the car was sold as CPO and the ECU that caused the problem it was covered.

4. Hoagers

Hoagers Karting

Dec 4, 2016
    Perhaps Zaiku does have a legitimate complaint, maybe, maybe not... what we do know is that he has VERY few posts and almost all are in regards to this one issue which happens to be against someone who's quite respected and prolific here. Also and most importantly the way in which he went about it seems extremely inconsistent with how most anyone would go about it... he "nuked it" in casting claim that Cscat is both a liar and a thief, with a claim like that you better have indisputable proof to call someone a liar or thief and that's where he failed in his initial claim and all subsequent posts. You just don't do that. Instead of handling this as a private matter until such time that the other party crosses the line of honesty and then alerting others of potential danger he instead threw down the gauntlet without stating anything to back his atrocious and inciting claim, and then to claim that he is doing so to protect his case for legal reasons just destroys any credibility at all. We're not looking for "juicy details and drama, he's the one making the claim he is also the one providing nothing to back it so it just looks like someone who has zero actual argument with a baseless emotional outburst. I know neither party, but this is a great example of how NOT to conduct yourself either in a business transaction nor personal conduct within ANY group. Remember all of those who are just guessing at what happened here aren't helping in any way it should only be one or both of the parties shedding some actual light OR if you've had a similar experience perhaps that could benefit others.

5. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Yeah, seriously. Launch and leave, fire and forget. Pretty much trolling. I've had my 360 for less than a year. Bought it from the same dealership and replaced the exhaust ecus and an O2 sensor this fall/winter. And guess what my first CEL was for? Loose gas cap because the dope at the full service station was unfamiliar with the concept of machined aluminum threads. ;)

6. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    My wild azz guess...

Went to smog it in kalifornia and couldn't...

7. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    *Excellent* post! Very well put.

I don't know either party and it's certainly possible that Zaiku has a legitimate complaint but he's severely damaged his credibility with his histrionics.

8. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    So I deleted my earlier post because I didn't see the 2nd page posts. In my post, I was agreeing with majority for buyer to show the proof.

After deleting my post, I received a call form the buyer who googled my name and found my website. My secretary took a message and I called him back.

The buyer shared his disappointments in a greater detail with me. I will not post the details of our conversation as I feel it is matter of buyer's choice to do so.

With that said, I put him in contact with an attorney who is also a car guy.

Of course, I have not verified buyer's position nor am I taking sides. Lets allow the buyer some time to circle back. He is real, he does have a phone number and sounded like a nice guy on the phone.

9. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    If someone bought a used car from me, and then wanted to sue, I would be miffed...

Unless there is a warranty, it's as is.

I am always shocked when people buy a car without looking at it.

I have bought plenty of Porsches, and a Ferrari. If the thing exploded driving off the sellers driveway, it's my issue.

Used cars are as is... Most sellers aren't in a position to warranty stuff. You want a warranty? Go get a new car from a dealer. Short of blatant misrepresentation, the car is yours...

10. Hoagers

Hoagers Karting

Dec 4, 2016
    In most states, California inclusive, It is mostly "buyer beware" however the seller cannot legally/knowingly misrepresent the car... which seems to be the buyers claim here.

I think myself, and most here, are less concerned with WHAT his claim may be but far more skeptical in the bizarre and seemingly unethical way he went about his emotional initial response/outburst regardless of whether he has an actual case or not. We can "arm-chair quarterback" all we want but we don't have the facts all we have is inciting claims from one side backed by no facts whatsoever so in the end why would anyone here want to read his claim in the first place?

11. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I purchased my F430 last summer sight unseen. In fact, it was listed here. I trusted seller's statement and photos. He took the car to the dealer for PPI, I paid for the inspection, and it was shipped to me. Car arrived as seller described and flawless.

I sold my Testarossa here, buyer purchased sight unseen, I sold the TR with full disclosure, buyer conducted PPI at Auto Gallery, car was shipped to him.

I am not taking sides on this one until it unfolds.

12. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    So what happened?

13. Onetradee

Onetradee Rookie

Dec 30, 2016
    This is maybe my first post. I chose the right thread. Got my popcorn ready... what happened next?!

14. eswilly

eswilly Karting

Jan 16, 2015
    Killin me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. chenglo1

chenglo1 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Cheng
    Sounds to me like 100k is still a good deal. Split repair bill if under 5kmand call it a day. I don't think 2500 each will break the bank, let alone save attorney fees.

16. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    That's not how used car buying works.

The seller made exhaustive disclosure in his original ad of all the good and the bad. The buyer said he has extensive automotive industry experience. So, as has been posted by others, you buy the car "as is" and do your homework with a PPI. Then only if there is massive fraud (which appears to be alleged) is there a ***** (not a $5K problem).

If there is such fraud and the whole purchase price of $100K is a loss then the buyer will need to hire a lawyer in NY and sue there. That will be very expensive and will cost a lot more than $100K if the buyer has to go all the way.

So the seller holds all the cards from a disclosure standpoint, from an "as is" standpoint, from an experienced buyer standpoint, from a cost standpoint and from a strategic standpoint (since he is in CA and has to sue in NY).

If I was the seller, I would simply ignore the buyer as anything short of massive fraud means the buyer cannot afford to pursue this. This would be especially the case here where the buyer has publicly said very nasty things about the seller. Not the way to win friends and influence people and I certainly would not be inclined to throw this dog a bone.

17. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Car is back for sale on Fchat now, and it’s a mess.

Automoblog, FutureF and Bcutrupi like this.