Goodwood Member's Meeting reminder | FerrariChat

Goodwood Member's Meeting reminder

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by ///Mike, Mar 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Just reminding my fellow vintage car enthusiasts that the March Goodwood Member's Meeting is scheduled for this upcoming weekend. For those of us not fortunate enough to be there, coverage will be streamed live both on their site and on YouTube and will continue "tape delayed" in the off hours until the next day's coverage begins. FWIW, in the past I've found the YouTube stream to be more stable.

Here's a link to the MM page on the Goodwood site: https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/event-coverage/

Hopefully those of you attending will be kind enough to post pics and anecdotes for the rest of us to enjoy. :)

2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Here's the link to the YouTube stream: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAsf2wUrdAc[/ame]

3. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    It was miserable weather all weekend where I live so it was nice to spend some time watching this event on my pc.

I still have one gripe with Goodwood: they really should mention which cars are obvious replicas. Like the GTO. That way I can appreciate even more when a real car is being exercised on the track.

4. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    While some of the big banger pre-1930s racers were replicas, they were still the greatest racing, well holding on for dear life. Was both hilarious, brave and very cool.

5. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Peter.

I agree. Allowing replicas takes something away from the whole event: if I know about that car (in particular) how many other replicas are there competing that I do not know about?

At the revival meeting they insist that the pedal cars used in the children's race are original but still allow replicas of full size cars, even when owners are prepared to race the real ones.

Robert

6. stevewak

stevewak Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    UK
    Couldn't someone build a 3.3-litre 250 LM replica that could beat all the Cobras, E-types and DB4GTs?

The LM in the race at the weekend had good drivers, and surely with Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, Richard Attwood, Innes Ireland or Mike Parkes would have done in the day.

7. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    I don't think the world needs another 250 LM replica!

8. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Many, perhaps up to a half, of the Ford GT40s competing are either full or at least partial replicas.

9. SteviePPS

SteviePPS Karting

May 11, 2013
    EU
    Full Name:
    Steve Warson
    The TVR Griffith that won that race was a brand new build by Nigel Reuben. Same goes for a large portion of the Lightweight E-types. They were never that Lightweight, or Low Drag ;)

10. ted walker

ted walker Karting

Feb 7, 2009
    gloucestershire UK
    Full Name:
    edward walker
    The TVR that one the race WAS NOT a replica built by Nigel Reuben It was the works prototype as tested in Autosport by John Bolster. It is owned by Mike Whittaker(250swb owner.)

11. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    and running on Turrino alloy rim wire wheels... (please excuse this little bit of blatant advertising)
    This car is so quick that we had to redesign the spoke lacing to eliminate a front rim vibration it was suffering under cornering during testing. We've never seen this on any other car including 250GTO's, 250LM's, Iso A3C and 289 Cobras

12. wera

wera Rookie

Mar 13, 2017
    france