Boxer Clutch slave | FerrariChat

Boxer Clutch slave

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by robertinOK, Feb 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertinOK

robertinOK Karting

Dec 5, 2003
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    RobertWakeling.com
    Hi All,

Anyone know of generic numbers for the rubber seals in the clutch slave cylinder on the 512BBi..mine developed a slight 'weep'

Thanks, Robert

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Nope but ferrari of ontario stocks them now that i had them get me some. Cost was $60 for me to rebuild mine. Shortly after it developed a minor drip it puked all over my header as I was heading out for a meet - great timing eh?

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Call lamborghini Toronto...just got a brand new unit for a Diablo..same one as the Ferrari..for 50 bucks..brand new!!

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    hey ballwasher thats good news thanks!

5. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    Dick Fritz told me once it is the same as the Renault Le Car and costs $5. Never had mine go out so can't confirm. But the source knows his Boxers.

6. robertinOK

robertinOK Karting

Dec 5, 2003
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    RobertWakeling.com
    Ferrari Dallas quoted me $550 for an aftermarket slave cylinder...GT car parts had the new rubber seal for $30...no brainer!

Agter removal and inspection the piston inside the slave was not traveling full length, but now it's all cleaned up and working fine...there is very slight pitting, but nothing too severe to use, or warent spending $550 on!

Thanks for your help guys.

Robert

7. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Robert,

Just for reference...

Rutlands has these for $350

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-OEM-Clutch-Slave-Cyl-4-Ferrari-Mondial-512-Boxer_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33730QQihZ022QQitemZ350073167708QQtcZphoto

And I am sure that GT Car Parts, etc have these too...

Cheers,

Sam

8. robertinOK

robertinOK Karting

Dec 5, 2003
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    RobertWakeling.com
    Hi Guys,

Sorry to resurrect this oldie, but I ended up installing a complete new clutch slave cylinder, which today let me down again...exactly the same as before. With minimal mileage on it and with the extortionate cost this is ridiculous.
    Does anyone now have a number for the seal...its clearly deformed?
    Thanks.

9. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    The Ferrari p/n was 111275 which it appears to be NLA. Don't know if Lambo offers the seal separately. Benditalia was the OEM for the cylinder and their part number for the seal was 14-20048.

10. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    White Post restorations. sleeves brake and master cylinders. you might try contacting them. They rebuild many brake cylinders for antique vehicles. I had a discussion with them once about using brass over stainless steel for sleeves. They told me they have used SS, but the press fit had to be tighter, and on thin wall cylinders it would crack the cast iron. If the press fit was looser with SS, It would work its way out. Brass doesn't require as tight shrink fit, and works very well. The company has been doing this for years thru a few generations of family owners.