F430 F1 transmission issue | FerrariChat

F430 F1 transmission issue

Discussion in '360/430' started by sarabjeet, May 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sarabjeet

sarabjeet Rookie

May 21, 2017
    Mumbai
    Full Name:
    sarabjeet
    hi guys,

relatively new to the Ferrari world. I just bought a 2009 F430 done 4800 Kms around 4 months back. Car worked fine until yesterday where after about 1 hour joy ride (speeds did not exceed 80 mph) mostly driving downtown, tranny was stuck in neutral. F1 transmission failure light did come on but after 15 minutes of letting the car cool down it went away, but the car would refused to move into gears. (mostly slow to medium moving traffic for about 20 minutes)

I got the car towed to my workshop, guys there say it could just require a reset as the clutch does have alot of life left in it or it could be sensor or F1 pump.

The only question that is bothering me is, are these pump designed to run continuously in humid and hot environment ? if not i would require to adjust my style of driving it. (it does get over 37 degree Celsius and 90% humidity)

2. steelej

steelej Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2007
    UK
    It could simply be air in the system, probably the first and easiest thing to try is a system bleed before changing sensors or pumps.

John

3. ideloera

ideloera Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Isi
    This can actually be a few things...
    1. Bleed the F1 system. This should be easy and relatively inexpensive.
    2. F1 electric motor. Have your tech do some diagnostics on it. If it is bad, buy one from Juri, and Fchat member. He supplies quality F1 motors.
    3. F1 Pump, again, have your tech diagnose the pump. Juri also sells the F1 pump if you need it.
    4. Potentiometers....you'll need and SD3 to see if there are any potentiometer errors recorded.
    5...Other

You can also try putting the car in AUTO if this happens again to see if the car can put itself in gear.

Good luck and keep us posted.

4. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    If put in auto and it's stuck in that gear and won't change what does that mean what part could it be?

5. sarabjeet

sarabjeet Rookie

May 21, 2017
    Mumbai
    Full Name:
    sarabjeet
    hi guys thanks.
    The guys at the garage are abit tied up, would update once they start working on the vehicle

6. ideloera

ideloera Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Isi

At that point I would have it checked out with an SD3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk