Awesome experience w/ Scud Ing Swiss (lights and above and beyond customer service) | FerrariChat

Awesome experience w/ Scud Ing Swiss (lights and above and beyond customer service)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Turbotuner20v, May 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2014
    #1 Turbotuner20v, May 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I own a few of Stef's products and wanted to post some pictures and share my experience working with him.

I purchased the full rear tail light set in OEM USA light configuration (2 inside lights and light bar for brakes, outside tail lights for parking/driving lights). The quality of the product was fantastic and install was very easy. He also sells tail light housings, so I was able to replace my outer tail light housing since the threaded post had cracked under a previous owner. I have much better peace of mind now driving around in daylight that people behind me can see my brakes. I don't have pictures due to the logistics of pressing the brakes and working a camera :) but would be happy to post some if people are interested.

The quality of the tail lights was so good, I decided to purchase the front running lights also. I thought the look really updated the car and the ability to turn on meaningful running lights during during the day was a nice safety upgrade.

I attached pictures of:

1) the lights off
    2) the new light along with the OEM light
    3) both new lights

After enjoying the lights for many months I realized an issue where the driver front running light and side marker along the passenger rear outer tail light and side marker were not illuminating.

I emailed Stef and he was quickly able to determine that my fuse AF20 - Front position lights LHS and rear RHS was blown.

After his advice I was able to find a bare wire short at the rear side marker light (OEM wiring & light, not Stef's product) that was causing the fuse to blow. A quick wrap of electrical tape later and everything worked again!

I can't say enough good things about the product and service. If you want to upgrade your lights w/ the full support of a very knowledgeable vendor, please visit
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  2. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    How difficult was the install?

3. Turbotuner20v

Mar 18, 2014
    The front lights are extremely easy. The hardest part is jacking up the car and taking off the wheel if that says anything. There is an access panel w/ 2 bolts behind the headlight - remove that and unplug the oem bulb and slide the new one in and plug it in - 10 min max.

The rear lights are pretty easy too. You need to remove the side panels. The F1 panel is very easy. The other panel has the door release wires that are a bit trickier, but not bad. People say the light bar in the hatch is hard, but that was the easiest part IMO.

4. futureferraribuyer

futureferraribuyer Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2010
    I have the running lights on my F430 and they really modernize the look of the car. They are super bright and same as OEM running lights on any new car. Very easy to install and fit perfectly. Really the best upgrade I did on my car.

5. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Nice. They're pricy but look really well made. Wish they had more pics of 360's on their site, as I'm not crystal clear on what is\isnt included, and an "everything" package price.

6. Turbotuner20v

Mar 18, 2014
    I would message Stef. If he's willing to troubleshoot my car's unrelated issues I'm sure he'd be happy to answer emails that are about his products

7. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    The front DRLs are really easy to install. I did it without removing the wheels or jacking up the car, although part of it has to be done by feel. I turned the wheels in/out depending on the install side. The package includes everything you need. Equipment wise you need a Philips head screwdriver to remove the panel. You'll also need pliers for the vampire tap which controls the brightness of the lights when the beams are daylight/dipped.

Suggest you download the instructions from the scud-ing website to get a feel for what's involved.

Took me 10 minutes for one side and 3 minutes for the other.

8. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I agree.

I too have Stef's LED lights on my former 360 and Stef not only makes great products but also provides excellent support. Highly recommended.