Swapping tires/wheels and price gouging | FerrariChat

Swapping tires/wheels and price gouging

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by rmk40, May 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmk40

rmk40 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 3, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Rafi
    It's clear a lot of shops think they can apply their own Ferrari tax on labor.

Americas Tire just gave me a bunch of run around, clearly not wanting to work on the car at all. I showed up 30 minutes prior to close. First told me they didn't have the right equipment which would make scratching the wheels "likely" (nonsense). Then, told me swapping 20" wheels/tires like this would take 2 hours at a cost of $125/wheel, once I scheduled it.

Earlier I was quoted $100/wheel by a local mobile installer, after asking what kind of car it was.

Aside from the dealership, where are folks taking their cars to get simple work like this done? There's nothing special about the size of our wheels or profile of the tires. My impression is either (a) many shops just don't want the liability of working on a Ferrari, or (b) feel that they can charge 3x.

Incredibly frustrating.

2. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Never had a problem. Just quote it online and go get tires. Every tire shop I have been to has treated my cars with extra respect, but never an extra charge.

3. nero corsa

nero corsa Karting

Apr 4, 2017
    You should check out asap tire, they are a mobile tire unit but their pricing is reasonable. You can get your tires from tirerack and then have them install it at your home.

4. rmk40

rmk40 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 3, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Rafi
    I did but unfortunately they don't service my area.

5. SPDADCT

SPDADCT Karting

Oct 28, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
  6. nero corsa

nero corsa Karting

Apr 4, 2017
    Have you checked out these also?

Auto Talent
    Boden Autohaus