2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon - Super fast car | FerrariChat

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon - Super fast car

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by leoparker990, Jun 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leoparker990

leoparker990 Karting

Apr 28, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    Full Name:
    Leo Parker
    #1 leoparker990, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It is incredible. Going with a friend tomorrow to finalize colors and options.

3. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    It is missing a third pedal.

4. leoparker990

leoparker990 Karting

Apr 28, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    Full Name:
    Leo Parker
    Sounds good but there is no one yet. Still, don't be too sad. Production of the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is due to begin this summer. Dealers will begin receiving their first cars this fall. You should be able to get yours as early as late 2017 or spring 2018.

5. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Got my order in and approved around 12 noon EDT today! Can't wait!!

6. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Anybody order a car with a delayed color?

7. leoparker990

leoparker990 Karting

Apr 28, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    Full Name:
    Leo Parker
    #7 leoparker990, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    And American's often wonder why America produces few F1 drivers ... pretty obvious when your car culture is 99% drag strip focused.

I guess with such a large country, and straight roads are cheaper to produce than interesting ones, making cars that go around corners is not really a priority.
    Pete

9. trainsplanesandautos

Silver Subscribed

Feb 21, 2010
    Burleson Tx.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Not completely true. Viper ACR, Ford GT, and Corvette Z06 and 2018 ZR1 pretty much kill at the track.

10. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I thought I read somewhere that Chrysler will be enforcing a no-gouging rule for the dealers- dealers can't add thousands to the sticker price for a "market adjustment"

Is this thing the top dog over the hellcat? I like the demon name, but hellcat can't be beat as a muscle car name :)

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    You are repeating some old wives tales, semi valid about 30 years ago but definitely not today.
    I used to be passionate about F1 but in recent years would not bother to waste even 5 min on watching that boring event.

12. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    There is a rumor that Dodge will prioritize builds by amount of ADM with cars sold at MSRP being built first.

13. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Agreed.

Viper ACR, Camaro ZL1 1LE, Mustang GT350R ... competing, and WINNING, on road courses against the world's BEST ... at a fraction of the cost.

14. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    That is true!
    Over MSRP buyers will be toward the end of the line to get built. Could be as late as March 2018.

15. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I wonder if we will be seeing this car as a police cruiser in black and white or even undercover dark grey....along I-95 from say Maryland / Virginia, down to Georgia , and Florida..

Trooper Quote..." Boy, I say Boy, You trying to out run me Boy..!!"

Ya know what I mean?????

16. mrmanny599

mrmanny599 Rookie

Apr 6, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    Ordered my car last week , can't wait ...

17. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Even 30 years ago it wasn't entirely valid. Danny Ongais was a pretty decent road racer as well as drag racer. John Morton started his career as a drag racer too, drove the "Surfer's" top fuel car a few times.

That's not counting the great names - Gurney, Andretti, Foyt, etc.

I agree with you - F1 isn't popular amongst American drivers for a ton of reasons beyond just "drag strip" culture. Just my 2 cents.

18. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    To be honest I am not a fan of drag racing, grew up in Europe in F1 and rallying culture (the real racing, IMO).
    I am glad though that there is a big company here, brave enough to build a crazy car like Hellcat or Demon in today's environment.

19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Lets see, most roads here are straight and stoplight to stoplight plus highway. So it makes sense that a genre of cars was developed top best cope with those conditions, plus great ac for the heat, confort for long distance.

However my little corner of the country is known a new england, it closely resembles the lake district in the Uk and parts of NZ. Plenty of cars that go round corners here.

As others have said Vettes and vipers rule the road course track here(along with GT3s). The new camaro and Shelby GT350r also dominate. In fact the uSa is one of the few places left where you can buy a viceral stick shift car, that also comes with great power handling and brakes.

True we have not developed a great F1 driver. But then I fail to udersand F!s relevance to naything other than being a circus. People also aspire to somethign relevantr and here F1 isd irrelevant. We have a few lemans winners and have made some great lemans cars more recently.

Many people dont know this but the wheelbase of a corvette is shorter than a poriche 911 or 991 as its technicaly called now.

Lastly oif you look at the weight and power of the chev V8 youll see that its a truly compact light and powerful motor.

20. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Yes :D

21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Part of me is repulsed by this car -- yet there's something about it I find very interesting.

I'm glad they did it. And I wonder what it would do if someone took a stock one and put in the next level.

22. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I just sold or I should say traded my 2016 hellcat. The car is just too big and cumbersome.

23. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    I have a 2018 Demon coming in November. I have a SRT Charger Hellcat and love it and will keep it. I have had 4 SRT Chargers and 1 SRT Challenger. All great cars and a lot less $ than Ferrari.

24. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    You know you want one ... ;)

A nine-second 1/4 mile factory car, for ~ $80k? 0-60 in 2.3 seconds? A car that pulls the front wheels at launch? Resistance is futile.

Worried about the image? Just get one. And don't tell anybody ...

:D

Mine's ordered. Arrives before the end of the year.

mrmanny599 likes this.
  25. trainsplanesandautos

Silver Subscribed

Feb 21, 2010
    Burleson Tx.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was at the Dodge dealer a couple days ago and you can order a Hellcat with the wide Deamon fenders, not sure about the Deamon hood but will look pretty much the same with a little less power and can be ordered today probably at a discount.