does anybody other than me miss Pininfarina? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

does anybody other than me miss Pininfarina?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ross, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    On the Lexus has anyone seen the new one - nose not good but body beautiful - just saw a quick shot on tv - think its called a C modle

2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Its a Lexus LC or just C - 2018 model

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    LC 500

4. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Sean
    What town do you live in CT - my wife and I rented a very nice house in Milford for the month of June - even convinced them to allow my dog - my mother, my wife, and myself were all born there - i left south when I was just a baby

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I am in the intersection of roxbury and bridgewater, about 35 miles from Milford.

If youre around in June we should meet.

6. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Great - probably not but are there any track events in June?

7. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Yes SCDA has a event at Lime rock June 29 and track capable car welcome, there is also a lotus club event at the Glenn June 21.

I think SCDA has some other events at other tracks in June. But Ill be at the above 2 plus some workout laps at monticello early june.

I think Ferrari club has some events June July also.

Pretty much every two weeks there is something.

You just need to bring a car up with you.

I see you have lotus.

8. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thats now my daughters Lotus and she is moving to Oregon and selling it and a lot of memories
    but I can bring the F1 Mas which I am have FF CC brakes put on now - not the fastest but handles great especially when you hi the one button that turns off all the nannies

9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #134 wrs, May 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had a 2014 991tts that could do 10.5 @ 137 in the quarter mile (with substantial mods). I like the styling of my new California much better and it's plenty fast for my needs. I have had my eye on either a 2011 599GTB or a new Cali HS for a while now. Lot's of other cars are faster but they don't look as good or drive as well. The difference in driving between my Porsche and my Cali is about 100% better in the latter. I only have 1000 miles and six weeks on my Cali but I wouldn't go back to the Porsche.

I went to Ferrari for the brand, the style, the sound and to have owned one. Check on all those boxes now.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Two completely different cars, I like both for different reasons. Space and pocket book permitting I think both is the answer.

11. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I had both worked out but my wife threw a fit about me keeping the Porsche so in the interest of even getting the Ferrari, the 991tts had to go but if I could have kept it and kept the marital bliss, I would own them both and alternate them as the designated DD. However, if I only get one, the Cali is my preference.

12. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yes we hall have the wife issue but I think my wife has given up on me relative to cars. Space is my issue since we can't keep them all at our home and storage is a hassle moving cars around.

13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #138 wrs, May 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was only planning on keeping the Porsche for a few months and sell it private market. I kept my 2013 M5 after buying the Porsche and it was a mistake. The M5 depreciated and it didn't get enough use so I lost about $10k in 5 months of holding it on the resale. So I had a good storage facility lined up where they kept the cars in humidity and temperature controlled environment. They do start the car up for you once a week and let you switch cars anytime. In any case it wasn't going to be permanent.

14. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    It's not been long enough to miss I don't think.
    488 looks very much 458 and as such I'd have said it is still a Pininfarina design. Time will tell because all things automotive are on the brink of change.

15. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    My preference is the smooth rounded shapes. Maybe its for aero reasons but I hate the newer angular intake etc openings on the latest cars. Its like they are trying to copy some of the lambo look. GTS Bruce

16. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Pretty much agree. I don't care for any "edgy look" even if it does give more down force. Not sure how much down force is needed at normal highway speeds even a bit over the speed limits.

17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    bring back Pininfarina design, please!

ciao

18. Dodger

Dodger Rookie

Jan 17, 2014
    For those of you who pooh poohed my earlier message where I said the 488 is under powered, see the new McLaren 720S. A Ferrari should not be milk toast. It should be the fastest car around. If a 488 is "fast enough," or if you cannot find a place to really "get on it," you should buy a Prius. It too is "fast enough."

19. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    Anybody know if there is an English language version of Leonardo Fioravanti's book?

20. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    What does this have to do with pininfarina?

To appease you in the speed debate, do you mean fast in terms of top speed or quick in terms of acceleration? Are those your only parameters for which to measure a car? (As this thread is about styling let's tie it back to that).

21. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Ferraris, especially of the mid engine V8 variety, have NEVER been the fastest cars on the block. They not, nor have they ever been, drag cars.

Mark

22. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I dont think you understand Ferrari...

23. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    +1

Robb

24. vogel

vogel Karting

Jun 21, 2001
    Powder Springs, GA
    Full Name:
    Charles Byrd
    Agreed. A proper sportscar has the same curves as a woman lying on her side...

25. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Nicely said.

It's surprising to me how many sportscar "enthusiasts" are commonly paying 4-5 figures for heated steering wheels, 18-way powered seats, nav systems, automatic windshield wipers, and dual climate control.

I think some don't really want a true sportscar. They want a rolling living room.