F355 with F50 gt and F40... | FerrariChat

F355 with F50 gt and F40...

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, Jun 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  2. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    I am overseas, made my day ty.

3. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Very nice, thank you for posting.

4. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Oldie but a goodie. From the old website Pulp Racing, which outlined how 2 young guys bought 355's despite not really being able to afford them. I've watched that one too many times.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    +1, that was from a long way back....before I owned a 355 myself.

6. KMR968Turbo

KMR968Turbo Formula 3

Nov 11, 2007
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I followed Doug and Wayne on their website from the beginning - even bought all the NSX Files videos. Classic amateur video and I wish I could find the original tapes/DVD's.

7. FCOnyx

FCOnyx Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Round Rock, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I remember when that GTS came up for sale while I was looking for mine. I don't think it was the Pulp guys, but a later owner, who posted it as "never been tracked!". People here pointed out to the current owner that *he* had never tracked it, but those Pulp videos show it got *lots* of track time back in the day. The seller promptly edited the listing. :)

8. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    That V12 sound!!

9. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    This was at Fontana, the owner of the F50GT and I were having a very fun day! F40's have some very serious design issues with the brakes, at 175mph, I went into the chicane with no pedal, luckily the chicane had an exit.

Brembo engineers happened to be at the track that weekend and witnessed what happened. For the remaining part of the day, we heat taped the rotors and calipers and discovered the issues.

Ultimately I loaned my F40 to Brembo for three months as the redesigned the brake system to be able to handle the heat generated at over 150mph.

Forza magazine hired Peter Brock to write an article on the F40 brake system, we rented Buttonwillow raceway and brought in professional race car driver Grant Maiman to test the car along with Brembo engineers including Eric Dahl who went on to start Girodisc company,

This F40 was the cover car and featured article in the December 2002 issue of Forza.

Now you know the rest of the story... and yes, I have watched this video many times!

10. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Nice! The only individual throttle body fuel injected cars :)