3500GT con rod wanted | FerrariChat

3500GT con rod wanted

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Aunard, Nov 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aunard

Aunard Rookie

Nov 5, 2017
    Full Name:
    Aunard de Camp
    Hello,
    I am assisting a friend here in Australia to try and locate a con rod for his early 3500GT and am hoping this forum might yield a positive outcome.
    Any assistance is gratefully accepted, as to date he has tried a number of avenues without success.

Below is a little of the story he sent to me and what is needed:

The 3500 GT (Chassis and engine Nos. 101005) is being restored and well under way with the body now at the paint shop and much of the
    other work having been done, but there have been one or two sticking points along the way, the most critical need being a replacement con rod.

I have done quite a bit of work on it, contacting the major international parts suppliers (MIE & MaseratiSource in the US, McGraths in the UK, CoppolaOldTimer in Italy, Leo Peschl in Germany and on it goes.

I have attached images of the rod in question, being the one with the shorter bolting sides; the side on mine
    measures approx. 52.00mm compared to 57.50mm on the later rod (pics below show comparison). Any part will need to have been crack tested, for that is how the problem with mine was revealed. Also, please check the
    weight of any older type rod, which must be, with bolts and bush, in the order of 870.00gms; minimal weight only can be removed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    I have a set of 3500 rods that has the short bolting side and weigh about 870 gms. Your pictures did not come thru so i cannot compare. If you want to email me the pictures @ [email protected] I will compare and let you know