77 308 Vetroresina squeaking rear window | FerrariChat

77 308 Vetroresina squeaking rear window

Discussion in '308/328' started by terry.paule, Nov 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. terry.paule

terry.paule Rookie

Nov 5, 2017
    My Fibreglass 308 has an annoying squeak in the rear window. Does anyone know how to tighten it stop thecsqueaking?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Given how glued in the rear window is it would be almost impossible for it to squeak. The reality is that noises have an incredible way of travelling in the cabin so it could be coming from anywhere. Start with checking all of the black vinyl trimmings around the rear window by shaking them to try and find the source of the squeak. Also make sure your seats (when loaded with a person) do not have the back of the head rests touching the rear shelf as this can cause noises. Beyond that you may want to check your rear hatch for signs of touching to the body or loose louvers. All of these can cause annoying squeaks. Best of luck in your search.

3. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    +1
    Our rear window was glued in so extensively we were concerned about getting it out with out damaging it. I have had headliners squeak.