488 GTO ? | Page 30 | FerrariChat

488 GTO ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wab0625, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Strada sounds good imo :D

2. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Should have stuck with Challenge Stradale for Scud,Speciale and this one IMHO.

LARRYH likes this.
  3. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    If you thought "superfast" got joked about, wait until you hear "Strada in Pasta", "Pasta de Strada", or "Pizza in streeto".

4. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Or 488 Corsa.

chrixxx likes this.
  5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Pizza e Pasta!!! :D

6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
  7. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    update: never mind. This pertains to a one off car. BUT...we can all watch the trademark filings and see if something pops up.

Bundy likes this.
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Talking about recent ferrari patents will the 488 Speciale have electronically controlled active turbos like in F1? Hope so

9. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I am on the list for one (deposit has been in and allocation confirmed) and I was told that it will be highly limited and hard to get. Now, how hard is hard I can’t really know. I do own several Ferrari’s including an F40 and have for years and I suspect there are a couple of other factors as well. I expect to go to the preview as well.

till.a.fischer, -CD-, furmano and 4 others like this.
  10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Really? Allocation confirmed??! Already?

11. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    i got my order also confirmed. from the dealer after we were 3 month long in contact and with the Ferrari regional manager...
    they dealer is a small but good one. not a blabla guy/company.

i asked him to put a maybe for 2018. but he said nope. it will be a 2019 (but this maybe just for me).
    sherpa23 did you got an approximate delivery date?

If it will be presented in March - when normally the production is likely to start? How long it took on other models?

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The 488 GTB was also presented in Geneva (2015) and first deliveries were in September (the same year), but I was told for the VS first deliveries are more likely to be in January (2019).
    My dealer told me they do not know yet how many cars they will get, but I should be high enough on the list to get one.

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Same here but nothing is confirmed.

JagShergill likes this.
  14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I'm surprised that an allocation has been officially confirmed ..... but sounds like your gonna have fun !! Enjoy !

15. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    488 LaSpeciale

chrixxx likes this.
  16. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Interestingly I have been consistently told it won't be that limited, 2,500 cars for the world.

chrixxx likes this.
  17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    How many 458 Speciale’s were produced? Does anyone know?

18. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    If this is true then guaranteed it will be called the Ferrari 488 GTO.........just sounds great

19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Typical number I hear thrown about on FChat is ~2500-3000.

Shack likes this.
  20. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Me too. No limit. Just limited time to produce. Also one must own a 488 to qualify I am told

21. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Those rumors are there in the US now too. Word is that Ferrari wants you to buy and own a 488 GTB. However I doubt their loyal customers who buy a new car every year would be turned down.

22. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Well it's not like I have some golden ticket to frame or anything. I gave the dealer the deposit after speaking to FNA about it. My dealer said yes I would get one but it wouldn't be an early car. I specifically said that I don't want an early one (I'd prefer a really late one) but I just want one. They said not to worry as I would be getting one for sure.

I was told 2019.

Hi Tim! That could very well be. I haven't had the conversation about the production numbers for about year now, as it was when I was last at the factory. And we all know that something like that can change very quickly. So a year ago they told me it would be hard to get and maybe now they think they want to make a few more. It certainly wouldn't surprise me in the least.

23. belfiglio

belfiglio Rookie

Sep 13, 2009
    Caught: Ferrari 488 GTO spotted undisguised

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Pictures have surfaced overnight of what is claimed to be Ferrari’s fastest-ever V8-powered model.

Posted on the Spanish car site Motor.es, the new images of a car caught testing in an undisclosed location are said to capture the Ferrari 488 GTO — an even faster, track-focused version of the 488 GTB.

[​IMG]
    The GTO will be pitched against the McLaren 720S and the most revealing picture is the one of the two prototype 488s parked up, because the red car has had its drapes pulled back to reveal its nose.

The undisguised small Ferrari clearly shows significant revisions over the standard car.

Instead of the 488 GTB’s large three-chamber air intakes, the ‘GTO’ appears to have just two intakes which flank a new one-piece splitter thought to channel air directly to an underbody diffuser.

The Spanish magazine claims significant changes elsewhere on the body increase downforce and reduce drag at high speed.

Developed for wealthy Ferrari enthusiasts who love to drive their cars on track, the 488 GTO will replace the last generation 458 Speciale.

Under the rear boot lid, the twin-turbo 3.9-litre V8 is expected to have power and torque boosted from the current car’s 482kW/760Nm to around 530kW/850Nm.

Combined with some serious weight savings, thanks to the addition of plenty of carbon-fibre parts, the GTO should hit 100km/h in less than 2.8 seconds — making it more than 0.2sec second quicker than the standard model.

To help it compete on track with cars like the Lamborghini Huracan Performante, it’s thought the 488 GTO might have to employ new active aerodynamics which could include a DRS feature to ‘stall’ the rear wing for a higher top speed.

Others suggest that, to achieve the huge power increases needed to challenge its rivals, the 488 might use Ferrari’s Kinetic Recovery System (KERS) and follow the LaFerrari to become the second road-going Ferrari hybrid.

If it eventuates, the use of the iconic ‘GTO’ name will no doubt upset purists who would prefer the track-ready 488 to be called the Challenge Stradale, Scuderia or Speciale.

It’s thought the 488 GTO could be set for a reveal at the 2018 Geneva motor show next March.

SOURCE: https://www.motoring.com.au/caught-ferrari-488-gto-spotted-undisguised-109953/

24. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    They are not rumors they are Ferrari product reality that the 488GTB coupe orders have slowed down quite a bit and its a great strategy to move cars and make it a necessary prerequisite.

25. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    The above is 100% consistent with what I have been advised