488 GTO ? | Page 44 | FerrariChat

488 GTO ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wab0625, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Don't tell me he had a close relative called Alonso as well (as in 599 Alonso) :)

2. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I hope so :)

3. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  4. s313

s313 Rookie

Oct 9, 2015
  5. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017

Oh yes it is a LaFerrari.....have a hard look at it. Ferrari doesn't drop teaser hints like other car companies......it does need to. The best you will get from Ferrari is the when the 488 GTB was yet to be revealed and all they would say is "on such and such a date........words are not enough"

thats all they need too do.....

xfrgtr and dcmetro like this.
  6. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Interesting, thanks for posting

7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That would be the 599 60F1. Never called the Alonso officially and was meant to commemorate 60 years of Ferrari accomplishing F1 wins.

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It is a LaFerrari.

Melvok, dcmetro and Afonsolaw like this.
  9. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    LaFerrari

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant FerrariChat

10. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    It doesn't look like a la Ferrari unless the ne photo is altered professionally in Photoshop. Just look at the proportions, lengths and curves. When you compare it to the LaF it looks like it is different front end of another car.

11. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    It is a LaFerrari, just from a slightly different angle.

And think about it please: do you really mean Ferrari would copy with the 488 "GTO" the LaFerrari front design?

Melvok likes this.
  12. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I heard or read that LaFerrari was an open design competition, and so perhaps PF was just part of that.

13. F355GTB

F355GTB Karting

Jul 9, 2012
    Soon Porsche will realize that they cant squeeze much out of their engines ...

14. TJF

TJF Karting

Aug 27, 2011
    California
    Now that mclaren did the Sena, they are too late to do a name after the model number. Missed that Boat!
    Ferrari's been too slow at Innovation on there cars for the General Puplic.
    Its not the same market as it was 5 years ago.

Melvok likes this.
  15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I hope they stick with the pattern they currently have with product introductions. Ferrari leads their category and the segments they operate in (supercars, mid engine 8, front engine GT’s). The others can anxiously scramble to capture the limelight with endlessly outlandish designs, this silly feature or that. I would much prefer that Ferrari stick with exceptional product development, inspiring and elegant design and brand exclusivity.

stavura, JagShergill, anishka and 4 others like this.
  16. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    We will see. The Senna is the new ultimate series product and is replacing 50% of the P1, the other 50% will replace the BP23. This car has nothing to do with the 488 product line.

Remember the following: 2011 McLaren entered the market with the 12C. Since then they launched the 650S, the 675LT, the 540S, the 570S, the 570GT, from almost all models a spider version, now the 720S. And what a miracle: these are all two seater mid-engine sport cars with a carbon chassis and a V8 tt engine with practically the same driving behavior (light, nimble, powerful, technology focussed). If Ferrari would broach its mid-engine product line so wide nobody would be very happy. Conclusion: two companies which are very different, which are in completely different "company life cycles" and which pursue their own paths. And if you look at the company's results makes Ferrari everything right.

17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Hence why Porsche developed the new 4.0 race engine platform which will undoubtedly be used in 992 turbo/S...
    991 is at end of cycle now. GT2RS is the king of that heap.

18. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    488VS should therefore be king of the of the 4XX series

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Ya. And hopefully reign supreme over GT2 and 720S...

20. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Amen to that :)

nkhalid likes this.
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Amen alright! One can only stay top of the pile for so long tho.. :)

It's he who can stay on top of the pile longest - an exercise in futility these days.

22. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert

Ill be pleasantly surprised if its actually faster than those cars on the Nürburgring specifically. The 488GTO is the next car that I have solid planned to get, there are a couple others there mixed between but I am anticipating this car with high hopes.... I denied my order slot on a Senna so I hope the 488 brings me a new fresh track car to help me not feel as if Ive missed out!

23. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Public launch at Geneva this year (what my dealer told me)

24. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    i think too it will not reach those laptimes. but hopefully it raises the bar for driving pleasure. As long this will be damn hard against a Performante. :oops:

Robert, i just watched your and mishas vlog. superb guys! as used too.

as soon i get delivery of my 488GTO - i will brake it in - on the way to NOS. :D
    And will book a night at apex! Maybe we could manage it that you will show me the line for a couple of laps. It could be best for both of us that you will take the Up. :)