Color spec on my 488 spider | FerrariChat

Color spec on my 488 spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Apatel219, Jan 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Apatel219

Apatel219 Rookie

Nov 6, 2016
    Im looking to spec my 488 spider with rosso scud with nero roof gloss black 5 spoke wheels with carbon fiber center caps and red brake calipers what are everyone thoughts around this color combo?

Sent from my SM-N950U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think it will look nice but Rossi scuderia is very “orange” just make sure you see the color in person before you decide. Some lovenit- some hate it.

And why not same color calipers instead of red? I think they make Rossi scuderia calipers as well

3. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    One thing is for sure, you will really enjoy the Rosso Scuderia exterior color! This will be my second in a row choosing the color. There is a reason that the racing team uses this color. Stunning photographs!! Make sure to choose Rosso Scuderia calipers.

SoCal to az likes this.
  4. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Rossi Scud is a great color. But why the black roof?

of2worlds likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  6. 4574

4574 Karting

Jan 30, 2017
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I have a 458 in Russo Scud and absolutely love the color but agree - why the black roof.

7. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Please take SoCal to Az recommendation as I had to see Rosso Scuderia next to Rosso Corsa and make the decision. It seems to photograph more orange than it really is in person. Picture taken just off the truck at the dealership last week.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

SoCal to az likes this.
  8. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Just my $0.02, but I say go for it if you like it. I agonized over this decision for a long time on the roof and finally decided for it. It seems a lot don't like it as much for various reasons, but it's your car so I say get what you want. It is a very polarizing option on the configurator I believe. I can see going either way on the spec, but poring over the numerous opinions here was great, but made a lot of second guessing. I think it is a legitimate question if considering the difference between the black roof on the GTB vs the spider as there are differences in appearance where the color extends, but having said that, if you like the contrast, it is a unique look.

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If you are unsure about the black roof- wrap it. It cost me like 300 bucks. I didn’t like it so I had it removed. It’s definitely a personal preference. No wrong answer.

10. Apatel219

Apatel219 Rookie

Nov 6, 2016
    Yes i was doing the scud brake calipers. I was thinking about wrapping the roof but gloss black in the sun looks terrible I looks like its wrapper over a high gloss body paint that is why im thinking to get the car painted that way. All high end car manufactures are doing the 2 tone paint lambos, McLaren, Aston I think it gives the car more character

Sent from my SM-N950U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If you like the black roof- go for it. It’s your car. The wrap was suggested as it’s reversible. And wraps today are indiscernible from paint.

Congrats on the car and good luck. Post pics when you get it.

12. ChrisPM

ChrisPM Karting

May 29, 2007
    Love rosso scuderia.

Really not a fan of having a black roof. If you really must, then as said above, wrap it.

Your car, your choice though!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    It’s always challenging to ask other people’s opinion when trying to make a decision. I’m guilty of doing the same thing when I was configuring my car and it only ended up making my decision harder. Personally I much prefer rosso corsa over rosso scuderia. I’m also not a fan of a black roof on the 488 (though I love it on the LaFerrari).

14. Apatel219

Apatel219 Rookie

Nov 6, 2016
  15. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Looks awesome, congrats!!

16. Apatel219

Apatel219 Rookie

Nov 6, 2016
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Sweet!! Congrats! Looks great. Enjoy it.

Apatel219 likes this.
  18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    That looks great, there is enough black to settle down the Rosso Scuderia. I thought it was too loud all by itself but the black offsets on the wheels, roof and front lip really quiet that down and the contrast is excellent. Good choice, now drive the heck out of it but get some paint protection first.

Apatel219 likes this.
  19. Apatel219

Apatel219 Rookie

Nov 6, 2016
  20. Apatel219

Apatel219 Rookie

Nov 6, 2016