Radiator fan | FerrariChat

Radiator fan

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by stnilsson, Jan 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stnilsson

stnilsson Karting

Jul 4, 2007
    Helsingborg
    Full Name:
    Stefan Nilsson
    I wonder if somebody have removed the radiator fan on the right side and have some tips. Have removed the front bumper today but it looks tight around the fan. Do I have to remove the whole radiator to separate the fan from it? The car is a 99 360 F1-

2. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    I have only done this on a 355 and on that what made it easier was removing the wheel and the inner fender liner, I realize on the 360 the rads are in the front but have you done that?

3. stnilsson

stnilsson Karting

Jul 4, 2007
    Helsingborg
    Full Name:
    Stefan Nilsson
    Yes I have removed wheel , inner fender liner and the whole front bumper. Have taken of the bolts holding the fan and all wiring but it seems impossible to get it out.

4. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Okay, I am visiting my Ferrari tech this morning, its super cold here these days so I am going to bring him and his team some coffee and just chat a bit so I will ask him if the radiator has to be removed in order to remove the fan.

5. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    I was told that on the 360 you can take the fan off without removing the radiator.

6. stnilsson

stnilsson Karting

Jul 4, 2007
    Helsingborg
    Full Name:
    Stefan Nilsson
    Thank you for helping. If only I knew how to do it.

7. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    You are welcome, why my tech suggested is that perhaps you didn't see one bolt so its holding it on, other then that it could just need a bit of a tug since it may be a bit stuck from being on for so many years.

8. stnilsson

stnilsson Karting

Jul 4, 2007
    Helsingborg
    Full Name:
    Stefan Nilsson
    Not really, the fan is free to move around but there is no way to take it out its stuck between the radiator and the wheel arch subframe.

9. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Oh I see, that certainly not ideal, unfortunately I don't have any other ideas, I hope someone provided a suggestion for you.